FordPass, FordPass Rewards, MyFord Mobile saga....

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
So like most folks I was pleased to see, a few days after my purchase (2/2), a FordPass Reward of 22,000 points alert (2/5) show up on my FordPass App. I had downloaded and used the FordPass app as instructed since ordering and receiving emails from Ford about the Mach-E.

Well, when I went to order some all-weather mats, the parts person at the dealership couldn't find my 22,000 points in FordPass Rewards. In digging further, he said he saw 22,000 points awarded 2/1 and then removed 2/1. And when I look at my Ford Pass Reward Activity section in the app, I see the same thing. He doesn't know why. He's not sure if sales did something wrong. He suggested I call Ford.

So I call Ford (# provided in the FordPass app, Rewards section).

They tell me that by purchasing a new car, I should've gotten 44,000 points, that 22,000 points is for CPO vehicles.

And the FordPass Rewards person said they think they couldn't reward me the points because I was not registered in MyFord Mobile, the app used for all of Ford's EVs. I told them I didn't even know about this other app and thought everything was through the FordPass app for the Mach-E. Service rep suggested I set up the MyFord Mobile and they should be able to distribute the 44,000 reward points.

So I download MyFord Mobile, set up an account. But when I get to the part to register the car to the MyFord Mobile account it say "VIN entered is either incorrect, not compatible with MyFord Mobile, or not registered in our system. Download FordPass for gas vehicles..."

Man, I just want some free floor mats with my FordPass Rewards points..... I'm still on hold... this "transition" for Ford is gonna be bumpy...
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
At the Play Store it has this description for the My Ford Mobile app: "This version of the MyFord mobile app is available for Ford C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi Plug-in Hybrids as well as Focus Electric vehicles equipped with embedded modems." Maybe the folks you talked to were, inexplicably, unfamiliar with the Mach-E.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So is it really 44,000 or 22,000? I just got notification of 22,000.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks, that's probably enough for one key fob.
It's worth up to $110... Enough for the key fob and blank key from the online parts site, but you'll need to buy at your local dealer to redeem the points. (Use the online pricing to haggle, if needed.) Not sure about the programming cost though.

Papa Sm

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
The amount varies by vehicle, based on new vs used, and based on anticipated maintenance costs. For example, diesel trucks get more points then gasoline trucks.

For the Mach-E, it's 22,000. You can see it towards the bottom of this page:

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-electric-vehicle-features-overview.html
So... instead of 44,000 points that other Ford products receive, we get 22,000 points and 250 kWh of Complimentary Fast Charging! Such a Deal!!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So... instead of 44,000 points that other Ford products receive, we get 22,000 points and 250 kWh of Complimentary Fast Charging! Such a Deal!!
And way lower maintenance requirements. Yeah, BEV sure is awful isn't it.
Sponsored