FordPass issue with 3.20.1 (Android). PaaK issue where key is not detected.

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Had an issue tonight where I was able to unlock and lock the car, but wouldn't recognize the PaaK for ignition. I was able to use the main screen, listen to radio, use the Bluetooth for the phone, just no ignition. Appears the app was updated yesterday and it might be the issue with 3.20.1. Didn't have the FOB with me (wife keeps that). I had tried separating phones, turned off Bluetooth on the phones, etc. After 15 min, called Ford, and they were lost also. They were about to transfer me to roadside assistance (but I couldn't even put it in Neutral). After another 10 minutes of troubleshooting, they had me remove my wife's PaaK. Within a few minutes, I was able to start the car.

Until a new revision of the app is released, I would recommend you bringing your FOB with you so you are not stranded.

Been scared of having 1 FOB, and today was that day where I was disappointed with Ford's choice to only include 1 FOB.
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Had an issue tonight where I was able to unlock and lock the car, but wouldn't recognize the PaaK for ignition. I was able to use the main screen, listen to radio, use the Bluetooth for the phone, just no ignition. Appears the app was updated yesterday and it might be the issue with 3.20.1. Didn't have the FOB with me (wife keeps that). I had tried separating phones, turned off Bluetooth on the phones, etc. After 15 min, called Ford, and they were lost also. They were about to transfer me to roadside assistance (but I couldn't even put it in Neutral). After another 10 minutes of troubleshooting, they had me remove my wife's PaaK. Within a few minutes, I was able to start the car.

Until a new revision of the app is released, I would recommend you bringing your FOB with you so you are not stranded.

Been scared of having 1 FOB, and today was that day where I was disappointed with Ford's choice to only include 1 FOB.
Sorry to hear about that, I can imagine how frustrating that would be. After 2 weeks of using PaaK with mixed results I decided to give it up for for a while until they get the issues ironed out. I was curious if this recent Ford Pass app update fixed anything, clearly not. Sucks to say it, but I'll be sticking to the FOB probably for the rest of the year.