Fordpass killing Android Battery

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
My fordpass app is killing my battery. If I put it to sleep my PAAK doesnt work unless I run the app. Any solutions??
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Start the app when you are planning to drive.
or
Use the fob.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I gave up on paak the first day I used it due to battery drain. Keyfob for me. Not a biggie IMO.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Any solutions??
Buy an iPhone :)

Unfortunately outside of that there is not a lot you can do. Not sure if you have journeys turned on or not, but you can defiantly shut that off. With it turned on its running your phones GPS the entire time, which is stupid the car has its own....

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Buy an iPhone :)

Unfortunately outside of that there is not a lot you can do. Not sure if you have journeys turned on or not, but you can defiantly shut that off. With it turned on its running your phones GPS the entire time, which is stupid the car has its own....
If I buy an iPhone I would have to trade the mme for a horse and buggy so the technology would be from same era. ;)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
My fordpass app is killing my battery. If I put it to sleep my PAAK doesnt work unless I run the app. Any solutions??
What phone and Android version are you running? If you don't have your permissions correct it will continuously kill the background activity and the app will then relaunch. Make sure that you have disabled all power save features for the FP app. You can DM me if you need help.

I have about 3% usage daily from FP on a Pixel 6 Pro / Android 12

Buy an iPhone
Worst suggestion ever! I assume you also use Apple maps to make a right into the ocean or off cliffs?

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I buy an iPhone I would have to trade the mme for a horse and buggy so the technology would be from same era. ;)
Don't be so hard on your Mach E. Still, end of the day, there has been more Android related problems that iOS problems on this and other Mach E sites. I get that here are more Android OS phones out there - but still.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
What phone and Android version are you running? If you don't have your permissions correct it will continuously kill the background activity and the app will then relaunch. Make sure that you have disabled all power save features for the FP app. You can DM me if you need help.

I have about 3% usage daily from FP on a Pixel 6 Pro / Android 12

Worst suggestion ever! I assume you also use Apple maps to make a right into the ocean or off cliffs?
Have a note 20 ultra. It constantly pops up fordpass trying to use as key or something like that. Seems that when my wife takes car my phone tries to connect and never stops.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ya, known issue with Android..

And hey, don't knock iPhones till you try one. I've used android since the first smart phone came out. I switched over to Apple last year, and I must say I actually enjoy it. Is it as customizable, absolutely not, but your security/privacy is on lock down compared to Android. I also like how their app store breaks down every aspect of what the applications have access too and what it does.

And... in the past 10 days, 2% of my battery usage and I use 100% PAAK :) Plus I also use journeys so I'm sure that would be lower if I had it off.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Have a note 20 ultra. It constantly pops up fordpass trying to use as key or something like that. Seems that when my wife takes car my phone tries to connect and never stops.
So it's normal for the FP app to stay running in the background and say "Attempting to connect to the car". This is for PaaK so that when you approach the car it will work. I looked at the code and it's programmed to prevent it from being killed. The problem is when the OS attempts to kill the app. This can cause a vicious cycle where the phone kills it, the app re-launches and it just goes on and on.

Go into the power management settings on the phone and turn off any for the FP app and then go into the app settings and make sure FP is not optimized.

It shouldn't flash the notification, it should just stay as a persistent notification.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Ya, known issue with Android..

And hey, don't knock iPhones till you try one. I've used android since the first smart phone came out. I switched over to Apple last year, and I must say I actually enjoy it. Is it as customizable, absolutely not, but your security/privacy is on lock down compared to Android. I also like how their app store breaks down every aspect of what the applications have access too and what it does.

And... in the past 10 days, 2% of my battery usage and I use 100% PAAK :) Plus I also use journeys so I'm sure that would be lower if I had it off.
Had iphone 1-6, switched then and have never looked back. There's tons of threads of it doing same thing to iPhone.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
So it's normal for the FP app to stay running in the background and say "Attempting to connect to the car". This is for PaaK so that when you approach the car it will work. I looked at the code and it's programmed to prevent it from being killed. The problem is when the OS attempts to kill the app. This can cause a vicious cycle where the phone kills it, the app re-launches and it just goes on and on.

Go into the power management settings on the phone and turn off any for the FP app and then go into the app settings and make sure FP is not optimized.

It shouldn't flash the notification, it should just stay as a persistent notification.
The weird thing is yesterday the useage was 3% , today its 37%. 3 days ago it was 60% I'll try your suggestions.

It doesn't flash that it's trying to connect, just a constant icon.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag

So I want background app checked correct??

It is not optimized.

OP
OP

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
How do you turn off journeys??