Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Hey just got a Mach E AWD SELECT (211 miles) and synced it with Fordpass. After fully charging the Mach E to 100%, Forpass says my "distance to empty" is 189 instead of 211. Has anyone gone through a similar problem like this?

UPDATED:
Problem solved. On the touchscreen, inside the Mach E, i went to Settings > Vehicle > Driving History Reset.
Doing this updated the 189 and is now showing 211.
I appreciate you all with the information you provided. Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Swipe down in FordPass and it will try to update. If the Mach-E is selected and awake it should pull the stats.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Yes, pretty much everyone has had this happen. The expected range is quite pessimistic at the beginning. Look at your actual usage per trip, and use that to calculate your real range. Your car has been on quite a bit during build but traveling basically zero miles. That w/mi consumption rate is biasing your range much lower than reality. It takes a few weeks to start predicting reasonable range.

OP
OP

Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Yes, pretty much everyone has had this happen. The expected range is quite pessimistic at the beginning. Look at your actual usage per trip, and use that to calculate your real range. Your car has been on quite a bit during build but traveling basically zero miles. That w/mi consumption rate is biasing your range much lower than reality. It takes a few weeks to start predicting reasonable range.
Ah, i see. Thank you for clarifying that. ? Much appreciated.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Hey just got a Mach E AWD SELECT (211 miles)and synced it with Fordpass. After fully charging the Mach E to 100%, Forpass says my "distance to empty" is 189 instead of 211. Has anyone gone through a similar problem like this?
The range is an estimate based on averages you got before.
It's not like gasoline cars where the range may vary 10-20%, with EVs the range can change from 100 miles to 300 miles depending on the number of people in the car, weather, wind, elevation, speed, tires, etc etc.
Sponsored