Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Hmmm. Starting yesterday, my FordPass app stuck on the vehicle page with a red error message (Iphone XS). So today, noting the same error message, I deleted the app and re-downloaded it. The app opens with my password info but shows an "empty garage." I've tried 4 times to add my VIN, both with the camera and manually inputting the VIN - no dice! The message reads - "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding." Between this and CarPlay (does not wirelessly connect - stopped doing so out of the blue a few weeks ago - I must use a charging cord) I'm getting a bit frustrated. Anyone else having issues today?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yes, I think there were issues with at least one of their servers starting yesterday. Probably took them offline to try to fix it...

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Yes, I think there were issues with at least one of their servers starting yesterday. Probably took them offline to try to fix it...
Thanks! Will now wait patiently.

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag
currently a big Problem at least in Germany; app crashing constantly

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hmmm. Starting yesterday, my FordPass app stuck on the vehicle page with a red error message (Iphone XS). So today, noting the same error message, I deleted the app and re-downloaded it. The app opens with my password info but shows an "empty garage." I've tried 4 times to add my VIN, both with the camera and manually inputting the VIN - no dice! The message reads - "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding." Between this and CarPlay (does not wirelessly connect - stopped doing so out of the blue a few weeks ago - I must use a charging cord) I'm getting a bit frustrated. Anyone else having issues today?
My departure times disappeared. Gone. I entered the times again via FordPass and the car started conditioning.

Now I'm trying to select things on the Vehicle tab. I get "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding. Please try again later." The status and departure time icons are gone.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Same here. Earlier today got a message saying "WELCOME TO THE BRONZE MEMBERSHIP TIER," but soon thereafter, it began showing the red, "Sorry Fordpass isn't Responding..." every time I try to refresh the main screens. I wasn't logged out, though.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't make any changes in the FordPass until things settle down. There looks like a server issue on both the Connected Services and backend servers the FordPass uses.

Probably a bot network from Tesla to DDOS the competition. ;)

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Same here. Earlier today got a message saying "WELCOME TO THE BRONZE MEMBERSHIP TIER," but soon thereafter, it began showing the red, "Sorry Fordpass isn't Responding..." every time I try to refresh the main screens. I wasn't logged out, though.
FWIW, the Fordpass outage here seems to be over. Good luck to everyone else!

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I always have issues. App crashes, doesn't respond, wont start charging vehicle, PaaK is a joke what a POS. Ford is in denial about all the software issues with the MME. The MME has been in production a year and we still have all these issues. Can't even get them to respond to multiple open cases...

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If Ford's mothership servers are going to effect the way our cars operate then they ABSOUTLY should be sending emails or commutations out to their customer letting them know as quickly as possible.

I don't "think" I was having issues yesterday, but it could explain why my car started cabin conditioning at 5am, two and a half hours EARLY! And to be honest, from what I saw in the app, I almost think it was running the conditioning from 5 -07:30 as it was running when I left. Luckily it was plugged in, but what would happen in a case where it was not and an app outage caused it to condition hours early. All that stuff is set in the car, why is an outage effecting something hard set in the settings of the car?!?!

I was 100% having issues with the app when I got to work, I was also getting the "Sorry Fordpass isn't Responding" error. First I thought it was my crappy cell coverage at work so I switched to the car's hotspot and having the same issues.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I doubt (maybe hope not is a better word) that's true.
If they're having server issues with Ford Pass I could absolutely see them delaying an OTA rollout. Especially if that rollout includes features that depend on those cloud connected services.
Sponsored