Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Both @usmcsatcom and I got billed for our "free" charging sessions today, AND our remaining "free" charging got reduced too. Anyone else having this issue?

Fortunately I only did a quick session during a bio break, but if this happened during a long trip it would be annoying. Receipt from Fordpass:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fordpass SNAFU: reducing "free" balance AND billing you for the charging Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 11.50.03 PM
Sponsored

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same thing happened to me today. Only a quick charge, $2.01 billed and 7kWh credited from my free 250. EA at Chicopee, MA.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Worth writing the customer experience executives at Ford perhaps? Might sound like overkill, but they’ll probably know who to send that info to in order to get the bug fixed and a credit issued.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Worth writing the customer experience executives at Ford perhaps? Might sound like overkill, but they’ll probably know who to send that info to in order to get the bug fixed and a credit issued.
Please do. Def not overkill.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've previously had it bill me instead of using the balance. Then a month later someone from Ford emailed me and said they found an error do they refunded me the changes.

It didn't bother me that much since it didn't bill me and use the balance so your situation seems a bit worse.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Opposite problem for me... I did a DC charge yesterday at an out-of-network EA in Palo Alto and got charged for only 2kwh instead of the 12 that I actually received.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Opposite problem for me... I did a DC charge yesterday at an out-of-network EA in Palo Alto and got charged for only 2kwh instead of the 12 that I actually received.
Some EA chargers are out of network from Ford Pass?

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Yeah, I thought that was strange too. I tried using the Ford App to find a place closeby, and found none. Then when I went to the EA App I found one that wasn't listed under Ford. Not sure what that is about. I even tried finding and activating it in the Ford App again when I got there... no luck.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yea - I experienced this back in March when I took a trip. Couldn't figure out why P&C wasn't working until I opened the FordPass app and that EA charger didn't show up. Always good idea to have the various charger company apps installed and profiles created, will reduce some of the headache of public charging...

It has since been added to FordPass. My guess is that maybe some older EA chargers need upgrades before they'll be compatible with FordPass.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yea - I experienced this back in March when I took a trip. Couldn't figure out why P&C wasn't working until I opened the FordPass app and that EA charger didn't show up. Always good idea to have the various charger company apps installed and profiles created, will reduce some of the headache of public charging...

It has since been added to FordPass. My guess is that maybe some older EA chargers need upgrades before they'll be compatible with FordPass.
I remember seeing an article last year sometime that the older EA stations had to be upgraded to support P&C.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
When I use Electrify America (three times now) it shows me a bill ... as if I were paying for it. But then I get the message from FordPass that my credit balance was reduced by the number of kW on the charge ... and when I check my credit card I see that i was not actually charged.

When I saw your post, I went back into my card to re-review and confirm (because I know exactly which dates I charged) ... I was not *actually* charged despite being shown the dollar amount, it just reduced my charging credit.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When I use Electrify America (three times now) it shows me a bill ... as if I were paying for it. But then I get the message from FordPass that my credit balance was reduced by the number of kW on the charge ... and when I check my credit card I see that i was not actually charged.

When I saw your post, I went back into my card to re-review and confirm (because I know exactly which dates I charged) ... I was not *actually* charged despite being shown the dollar amount, it just reduced my charging credit.
Yes, I only charged at EA once before as well and the bill was $0. I think they must have updated the backend billing system over the last couple of days and that's what introduced this bug.

I'm sure it will get fixed and I will get my 7 kwh, but we all just need to make Ford aware of it.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Just double checked the app and saw that charger shows up in the Ford App now... must have been a fluke yesterday.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK