zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
“The company is dedicated to keeping Mustang alive,” he assured the crowd. “This doesn’t mean we don’t love building Mustangs like the GT500. But with new regulations upon us -- and very difficult ones, to be sure -- if we don't start figuring out how to offset some of that CO2 that we put out with cars like the GT500, we won't be making GT500's long into the future.”
This is what the #notamustang people need to understand.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Then why is this news today??
Your reaction was the same as I had when I saw the pictures. That was followed rather shortly by "No wonder Michigan has such a high COVID-19 infection rate." Then I started reading very carefully and as @jhalkias pointed out, January.

So the answer to the question is Ford's PR folks wrote this back in January and sat on it, then never updated it until they released it. A quick disclaimer about when it was done would have solved any confusion.

oops.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I agree that it looks much better with the black lower fascia. I wonder if Ford ultimately opted for body color to protect the GT front as being the more distinctive and aggressive.

1596203533894.png
I love the look of GT front - although not especially grille - can take or leave and it looks different in every pic but I just can’t pay more for less range and no glass roof ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I love the look of GT front - although not especially grille - can take or leave and it looks different in every pic but I just can’t pay more for less range and no glass roof ?
Remember, you can pay even more and add the glass roof ;)

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm going GT with Performance package and glass roof -- because I want to pay even more and have even less range than a standard GT.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm going GT with Performance package and glass roof -- because I want to pay even more and have even less range than a standard GT.
haha can't wait to see how much that will be. if it's nominal up charge I may end up regretting my decision

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Right, but you haven't driven one yet. I think what he means by "dynamically" is that it feels like you're driving a sports car because it accelerates/handles/reacts like a sports car - or at least the MME GT will. Hopefully the slower ones feel sporty as well.
Yup and the vehicles I think of with a similar philosophy: Inifiniti FX50 (QX70), BMW X5/6 M, Mercedes AMG GLC & GLE, etc

JayLove

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem AWD Ext, '13 Explorer XLT,
Country flag
This is what the #notamustang people need to understand.
Exactly! Pericak was quoted twice about government regulations & CO2 emissions, in an article written by a Ford marketing team.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I wonder if the GT grill will be an available aftermarket item for our Premiums and Selects? Asking for a friend. :p
I think you would have to replace the entire front bumper cover, if it would fit. Might not have the same mounting points as the other models.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
It doesn't bother me in the least that the Mach E is a Mustang. I think this shows that soon we will have a EV Mustang coupe that will keep Mustang alive and kick just about everyone's booty.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Not exactly the track star at 8 seconds 0-60.

The C-Max Energi is a little quicker at 7.6 seconds.

Honestly when I drove the C-Max Energi for 3 years it felt a bit slower than the Focus Electric even though the Focus Electric's 0-60 times are slower still at 9.9 seconds.

In comparison to all of that the Bolt screams with a 6.7 second 0-60 time.
In my Fusion Energi, it's not the 0-60 that matters to me, it's the instant torque that matters. I've beat plenty of cars off the line when necessary, even though it's not a fast car, just because of the instant torque.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If any of you are members of the National Mustang Club of America’s there are a couple of threads over there on their mostly inactive forums for the Mach E, and also now some good comments where they were slamming the MCOA President. ??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If any of you are members of the National Mustang Club of America’s there are a couple of threads over there on their mostly inactive forums for the Mach E, and also now some good comments where they were slamming the MCOA President. ??
Inactive is right. We have threads here that get more posts in one day than their entire Member Forum gets in a week!

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Inactive is right. We have threads here that get more posts in one day than their entire Member Forum gets in a week!
As a long time member I know and new members who have joined initially to get a discount will learn, the Mustang Club of America's primary focus is in two areas. First they sponsor local and national shows and second they produce an excellent monthly magazine. I suspect many new members will renew for the quality of the magazine alone. Many of us who are members spend more of our free time working on and driving Mustangs than posting! Sadly Ford (who has a monthly column in the magazine) could have done a far better job by communicating information about the Mach e - but then until recently that has been an issue with Ford overall. For me my restored '65 GT convertible will be joined by a Premium Star White - with a mid 4000 order number.
Sponsored