Fords new Ad bashing Elon is not a good look for EVs owners and perspective buyers.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
F Elon Musk and F Jim Farley. I could care less about the battle of public opinion the rich are trying to have.

I hate this ad because Ford is trying to be altruistic while they are a for-profit company that cares about one thing. I'm not mad at that, I just hate that they are trying to pretend that isn't the case.

(meanwhile, ford dealerships are price gauging us and exhibiting some of the most scummy behavior I personally have had to deal with)

I don't love Ford, I love the Mach-E. Full stop. This car was the first ford I ever bought and with the terrible experience, I had while buying it probably will be my last if things don't change.

I have no brand loyalty, i work hard for my money and buy the best item the market has to offer for what I am searching for. This time around, it was the Mach-E and I'm VERY happy with my purchase.
Sponsored

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I would imagine an ad like this (the anti-Musk one) is designed to get people talking about it, and from that perspective is effective. Regarding the contents itself, I have no strong opinion.

I also would not consider a Tesla because of Musk's personal behavior and antics. I understand that not everybody who buys a Tesla approves of Musk, but it's such a strong association that I don't want for myself.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there's executives at every company who hold beliefs that I disagree with. But most don't attempt to use their influence to call people pedophiles and sic their fans on others simply because they speak some disagreements.

So I'm sure Musk has done some great & wonderful things, but that's not enough to make me want to buy his cars, rockets, or satellites.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there's executives at every company who hold beliefs that I disagree with. But most don't attempt to use their influence to call people pedophiles and sic their fans on others simply because they speak some disagreements.

So I'm sure Musk has done some great & wonderful things, but that's not enough to make me want to buy his cars, rockets, or satellites.
The whole ā€œpedo guyā€ controversy is one of the weirdest non-controversies Iā€™ve ever heard. I mean, of all the things to dislike about Musk, how does that even make the list? Unless youā€™re the pedo guy.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
The whole ā€œpedo guyā€ controversy is one of the weirdest non-controversies Iā€™ve ever heard. I mean, of all the things to dislike about Musk, how does that even make the list? Unless youā€™re the pedo guy.
Actually, I gotta agree with Mateo on this one. If I remember correctly, Musk offered to send some sort of submersible to help rescue the boys stranded in the caves. When the lead rescuer said that a submersible would do no good because of the way the caves are formed, Musk got angry and called the guy a pedo. It was like a narcissist who felt wounded because he got criticized and was told his idea was bad. Go figure.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I guess youā€™d be ok with someone calling you a pedophile? And that person is the riches person on the planet? With zero evidence. After you rescued a bunch of people from certain death? I dunno man, I think itā€™s a big deal and you just sound like a musk apologist fanboy now.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As a funny side note, I shake my head at the comments we get in town about having the Tesla. Went through the drive through at Chick-Fil-A not too long ago and the teenage kid working the line got excited and asked if it was a Tesla. We said yeah and he replied, "Wow! You must be rich!" šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø I. Can't. Even.
I mean, from his perspective you probably are rich. He undoubtedly can't afford a Tesla, especially if his main reaction isn't "cool car, what's it like to drive", but rather "you must be rich to own one".

I heard some Whole Foods workers the other day talking about how they could barely afford their $250/month car payments. Meanwhile my wife and I consider our more than double that monthly payment for our MME to be very affordable. It's all perspective.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I mean, from his perspective you probably are rich. He undoubtedly can't afford a Tesla, especially if his main reaction isn't "cool car, what's it like to drive", but rather "you must be rich to own one".

I heard some Whole Foods workers the other day talking about how they could barely afford their $250/month car payments. Meanwhile my wife and I consider our more than double that monthly payment for our MME to be very affordable. It's all perspective.
Maybe that's how he saw it, BUT I'm next to a town that is quite wealthy. Plenty of Bentley, Rolls, McLaren, Lambo, Maserati, BMW X7, Model S Plaid, and I could list more. Not to mention there are TONS of Tesla driving around, which to me would make the Model 3LR we have seem affordable compared to the plethera of fancier cars around. THAT is why I was laughing... we don't even have the performance. There was a Bentley in front of us in the drive through once and the people working the window were more excited about the Tesla. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Maybe that's how he saw it, BUT I'm next to a town that is quite wealthy. Plenty of Bentley, Rolls, McLaren, Lambo, Maserati, BMW X7, Model S Plaid, and I could list more. Not to mention there are TONS of Tesla driving around, which to me would make the Model 3LR we have seem affordable compared to the plethera of fancier cars around. THAT is why I was laughing... we don't even have the performance. There was a Bentley in front of us in the drive through once and the people working the window were more excited about the Tesla. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Lol those lowly peasants driving the Bentley...

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I guess youā€™d be ok with someone calling you a pedophile? And that person is the riches person on the planet? With zero evidence. After you rescued a bunch of people from certain death? I dunno man, I think itā€™s a big deal and you just sound like a musk apologist fanboy now.
I'm not a Musk apologist, but to be fair is was sent as a retaliation insult after the guy first said ā€œHe can stick his submarine where it hurts,ā€ in reference to Musk, and also "pedo guy" doesn't mean pedophile. Granted it's an easy definition to guess if you don't know what it means, but you would be wrong.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
and also "pedo guy" doesn't mean pedophile
wow. that's some serious equivocation there. Only 99.8% of the world's population would see it as meaning "pedophile", so yeah it was meant with love.

c'mon, man

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Automotive advertising is a waste of money. Spend it on R&D and battery production so you can deliver more EVs.
Showing off EVs you arenā€™t even going to make until 2023/24 at earliest (GM) isnā€™t helping anyone either.

Attention all automotive companies spend the billions wasted on advertising on production of real cars!