Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Whoever thought a Tesla was beautiful should get fired.

Whoever decided to only put one screen in the 3 and y should get fired.

Whoever is responsible for keeping the supercharger network exclusive should get fired.

Whoever thought panel gaps were ok should get fired.
Ah. Slight correction needed. The supercharger network is no longer exclusive in some European countries, for example Norway and is in the process of being opened up to other makes. Whether the cables will reach the various charging port configurations is another issue. This is easier as CCS connectors are standard for Tesla cars in Europe (and UK). As you know, the NA Tesla cars have their own standard so it's more difficult to open up there.
Sponsored

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I think a lot of people admire the things Musk has built but despise his smug arrogance and tireless self-aggrandizement. It’s all about him and always will be.

This is what Ford is trying to draw a distinction with, right? The vehicles are almost irrelevant in this ad - it’s about teamwork and common purpose, and diverse, hard-working people building our country up instead of tearing it apart.

If more people associate the Blue Oval logo with these timeless and deeply emotional “American Values”, this ad will have done its job.
đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť You deserve more than one.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I find Musk pretty cynical and manipulative, but I dislike these type of personal campaigns against people. I find them just as manipulative.

If someone is doing something illegal or that "should" be illegal, personal attack campaigns wont really change anything. You need to actually take action against the the laws, system, other factors that make it possible. Personal attack campaigns just takes the focus away from what makes it possible to be exploitative and make money from it. It tells the story of how one person is "bad", while pretending you don't need to change anything in the system, because it's a not a systematic problem. It's just bad people being bad. Nope, a large amount of people will end up exploiting the system when there's such insane incentives to do exactly that.

Which means the other thousand people who do the exact same, but don't get any spotlight, are free to keep doing it. It's futile and doesn't change anything. It just tries to get rid of the competition and allow the world to keep being as exploitative as it is. If Musk died tomorrow, another one would take his place and do the exact same thing.

The only thing this ad accomplishes is people being able to feel gleeful for a moment.
I think you underestimate the power of advertising, even in comparison to the power of government laws.

In the early 90’s to combat teen smoking, they made the minimum legal age 18.

Impact? Minimal. In fact teen smoking rates continued to increase during the 90s.

The “truth” anti-smoking advertising campaign started in 1998.

I think this graph speaks for itself:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford's New Ad Pokes Fun at Elon Musk's Loud Mouth and Thin Skin 66F910E2-6BAC-43A7-A421-9CE9A2038A67

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
This is lame and pointless. Are Tesla factory workers not good people too? Our MME’s are built in Mexico and the ad is touting USA. Farley, this is stupid.
Tesla folks are not good people because they're not union if you listen to the current administration.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Still waiting for @Ford Motor Company to remove this stupid 5 second rule that no Tesla has. Cmon!!!!
I don't know, every Tesla I've seen has a 5 second rule (I cannot look at it for more than 5 seconds without my eyes starting to bleed). Zing!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
With all the comments about the location where Ford builds the Mach E I had to watch the video to discover it wasn't even a Mach E commercial. Pretty much your standard Ford or GM, feel good about our blue collar worker commerical... Not my favorite commercial but I guess it's a slow news day so why not talk about this...

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is not quite true. He took risk, as did Toyota and Mercedes who lent him nearly half a billion dollar each. Please check Musk's old interviews. He thanks Mercedes and Toyota more than he thanks the DOE loan to keep Tesla alive around 2012. Big OEMs wanted to see how it works out before diverting billons to EVs.
Musk claims he is a founder of Tesla, but that is also false narrative. He came in as an investor and fired the original CEO Martin Eberhard. What Musk did really well is play to the tunes of Wall St. Yes, he did risk a lot of his personal money, that mush is true.

Nissan Leaf, the electric car for masses, was there since before Model S. That was the first electric car I was considering back then, not a $100k Model S.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
500mil is a drop in the bucket for the big car company. Furthermore they lost faith and sold all their stocks before Tesla made it big. Toyota had no faith in EVs that they put all their money in hybrids and Hydrogen fuel cell. That's why they're so far behind in EVs.

Anyways, I think the main gripe with this Ford Ad is that its okay to brag when you got something to brag about. So Ford, accomplish something first, then start talking, not the other way around. you get no respect from talking trash when you're this far behind the top guy.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Ture, the Leaf was the First mass market EV, but it was the the First EV that could replace an ICE car. The range was abysmal not to mention the battery degradation and lack of charging infrastructure.

Tesla made it possible to own an EV as your only car hence making EV viable.