Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Do you honestly expect Ford to send an update that literally says, “Day 7. Still no chips. Your car will be finished when it is it’s turn in the chip line.” Etc?

Or would you rather they not try to secure a reliable supply of batteries, because some folks cars are missing chips still? That incidentally, is likely to continue into 2023.
Your response makes zero sense. Ford can communicate with customers that commit to almost $70K while still working to secure a reliable supply of everything.

And, yes, an email every now and then with an estimate of when it will ship would be helpful. The only communications we have had said a minimum of 6 weeks. That could be 6 months or more. Time to try to manage customer expectations.

And, looking at Ford's sales recently, if they have this type of constraint into 2023, I am worried about their ability to continue as an independent company.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I can make a pretty good business case for Ford replacing its entire software team.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
well, I'm willing to admit I was wrong here - I'm on record here on this very site saying that I didn't think Ford should get into batteries but instead let battery people do it. In a way, that's what's happening, through their work being with the partnerships with battery people... but they are nonetheless getting to that space. guess Ford didn't agree with me. ?
Sponsored