Former Tesla Owner Possibly Abandoning My Reservation

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The MME was on my list of cars to buy. This was back in Jan 2020. I wasn't willing to wait 12+ months on a car with a lot of unknowns at the time, so I went with the Y LR AWD.

Fast forward 12 months, now my wife wants to sell the SQ5 and go electric. The MME and Model 3 Performance are the two choices (3 since we already have Y, she'd take the Y, I'd take the 3).

We decided against the MME again because first year builds can be a nightmare, especially with electric cars. Plus, we wouldn't need two crossovers. We prefer more sporty cars and the Tesla acceleration, handling and steering better suits our preferences. Plus, with the 48A Tesla wall charger, a 2nd Tesla made more sense.
Sponsored

UriahHeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
We were looking forward to model Y launch event, but it is so ugly we decided to wait for another CUV. The Ys we have seen have gap and paint issues. Our Mach-E is perfect, while our model 3 went to the service center multiple times, yet still has gaps and paint problems all over the car.
However, Mach-E is not going to be useful on long trips for now. We are unable to charge it on fast chargers and get over 10kw. Going through dealership is another pain in the neck. Personally, we prefer Tesla direct sales model.

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So after all that I found a Grabber Blue FE today and they are honoring X-plan. They are cleaning it up while we do paperwork. Will be driving it home momentarily.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Ni
Test drove a Y today and felt like I was a fish inside of a blender. Honestly the ride quality was atrocious, worse than my 3. Really only want to drive electric, so guess I will follow through with my MME. Maybe what I really need is a big fat pay raise to get a Model X or Rivian with air suspension. MME will be cool for a while though.
The Rivian looks pretty sweet, but like you I'd need a pretty serious increase in income to justify that one. I hope they do well though, if only to add another serious EV player to the mix.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
However, Mach-E is not going to be useful on long trips for now. We are unable to charge it on fast chargers and get over 10kw. Going through dealership is another pain in the neck. Personally, we prefer Tesla direct sales model.
Posts like this have me second guessing my decision to finally set up plug and charge this morning, since I feel like that could be contributing to the issues people are having. I just wanted to take advantage of the 250kw of free charging lol.

But I've had zero issues with Chargepoint and Sema Connect level 2s, and the EVGO 50kw DC chargers I've used with my Mach E. I'll definitely be kicking myself if I messed it up, especially since I'm in sales and can expense my charging anyway...
Sponsored