FORScan mods - already done, and ones I want to get done.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You should roll the dice and complain about your IPC buzz to your dealer and see if you can nudge them to replace it. That would probably allow you to enable the power meter!
I don't think I want the dealer ripping apart the dashboard on the off chance that might work. I wouldn't be surprised if a new IPC would have to have its software downgraded to work with everything else in the car properly.
Sponsored

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
I’d love to update the US turn signal sequence to Euro-style.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Bit the bullet, and did all of the mods that you mentioned in your first post! So happy to have them all done.

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bit the bullet, and did all of the mods that you mentioned in your first post! So happy to have them all done.
Nice work! BTW - I "think" I successfully added the "snowflake on road" freezing road warning in the far lower left corner of the IPC dashboard... but we'll have to wait until November to test it out. My freezer ain't big enough to hold the Mach E overnight haha.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
today i did the auto liftgate add (9/14 build on new '22 and ford is still putting the module in the car), getting rid of the double honk with the fob, the auto tilt mirrors add, and the power meter add - this forum, and all its members, are awesome!

This thread seems to list all of the main changes we can make via forscan right? I cant seem to find any others that OP didnt mention on his first post.

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FORSCan is the ticket all right, as long as the FORScan programmers don't get drafted...

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Tried to do the disable double honk but, unfortunately, got a 'service interrupted' error and haven't had time to troubleshoot. The only clue I can find online searching is to "contact FORScan" (but haven't had time). 😣

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Can you describe the procedure to do this mod, please?
Mine was able to do this from the factory. It’s a Canadian car, but snowflake symbol comes on around 3-4 degrees centigrade I think.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Fellow Mach E owners,

After several years with a Ford Fusion Energi where over time I've added multiple FORScan mods, I am now playing with the newest FORSCan software version and my Mach E Premium features to do the same. It seems Ford internally designs various control modules for each module to fit multiple levels of trim and thus some of the functions are there, dormant, on all but the topmost trim levels of a car model line (Fusion vs. Lincoln, for example). Some dormant module function settings also need added wire connections for a lower trim level, and perhaps a higher trim dashboard control unit with an added button, like the rear fog light described below.

ALREADY DONE:

- disabled the fob walk-away honk (relief!)

- enabled the rear hatch foot-activated opening and closing (oh yes how useful!) thanks to information from this forum's members.

- changed the dash compass / cardinal direction to dash temperature display.

- added the reverse outside mirror tilt-down function in the IPC... This is a pure FORSCan-enabled main display setting but I'm still finicking around with the exact hard button sequence so that the selected down-tilted mirror doesn't swivel to the extreme right on tilt down, but this was also an issue with the several versions of Ford Fusions. Where I live, a large jurisdiction has hard-knife-edged granite curbs downtown which are guaranteed to mess up the finish of our rims without this handy tilt-down feature. Anyone who first successfully figures out the hard button mirror memory settings to make this mod fully functional, pls let us know the best sequence.
HOW TO ADD Mirror Auto-Tilt:
- You have to get the latest FORScan version. Mine is version 2.3.48
- BACKGROUND for FORScan newbies: FORScan reads, shows and allows modifications to individual settings in individual modules. Currently, FORScan reads the settings in our Mach E's and almost always shows them in the AS BUILT modifiable settings, shown as (example) lines of 726 xxxx xxxx xxxx or something similar, where the 1st three digits (726 in this example) identify the module, and the rest are a separate settings line in that module. There might be pages and pages of such xxxx xxxx xxxx lines in a complex module.

However, there are currently (only) three modules which show both the AS BUILT lines and also the scripted visual modification settings log for that module. One of these modules is the APIM, i.e. the main big center display control module.

The advantage of this other way to list module settings is that this other way (the non-AS BUILT way) now shows all module settings in plain English. For example "mirrors auto-tilt" | ENABLED or DISABLED... so we don't have to guess our way through trial & error about which hex digit setting in which AS BUILT hex line controls the mirror tilt, or whatever other feature... someone at FORSCan has done this work for us. In Fusion Land, most of the Fusion modules now have both the AS BUILT hex line logs and also these other, non-AS BUILT, plain English logs for each module - of course, Fusions and Mondeos are prolifically present everywhere and have been for nearly a decade now. I guess with time, the FORScan crew will test and eventually write the plain English, non-AS BUILT script logs for our Mach E modules. RIght now, there are only three such modules, and the APIM is one of the three.

So, to enable rear view mirror auto-tilt, step-by-step:
- in FORScan choose the APIM module, but then
- choose to load the non-AS BUILT module line into the FORScan display (the AS BUILT and the non-AS BUILT lines for the APIM are adjacent), then
- You should see a loooong alphabetical list of features, in plain English. Go down the alphabetical list of activated and dormant features until the M section, about 8 pages down. Find the MIRRORS AUTO-TILT feature. Click on it.
- A choice of ENABLED | DISABLED check boxes will show, one above the other. The DISABLED box will be checked.
- Check the ENABLED box.
NOTE: There are "many, many, many" features in the APIM module, some enabled but most, disabled. By reading through them, page after page it becomes obvious that this one APIM module is also designed to serve in other Ford cars and trucks, maybe the Lightning(??) because one such feature is "crawl camera" and another 15 or so features are hitch-related, i.e. "hitch camera" etc . etc. So, beyond the mirror auto-tilt feature, I advise to leave these dormant features of APIM alone... most are disabled because they clearly aren't meant for the Mach E. "Ya touch 'em at your own risk".
- At the bottom of the 14 pages of APIM feature choices, click WRITE and wait for the blue WRITE bar to complete.
- Get out of FORScan - you're done here.
- Go to the Mach E center tablet, and in SETTINGS, find the new slide button for MIRRORS AUTO TILT (or a similar name). Turn the feature on via the slide button. Play with your mirrors and the Reverse gear. You're done.

- added the GT-type power meter bar to the dash... still getting used to it but I like it's presence (more info is better than less info, right?) thanks to information shared on this forum recently.

WANT TO FIGURE OUT FROM SCRATCH AND ENABLE:

- How to switch the three-flash turn signal lane-change to up-to-seven flashes. This was one of my and others' favorite changes on the Fusion, and a similar favorite change on Sonny Boy's Audi E-tron (only up to 5 flashes possible on Audi/VW cars). The Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) on our Mach E's is different than the Fusion SCCM module, so the settings are different and still unknown... on the Fusion, the SCCM flash choices ranged from one flash to seven flashes, with the default being three flashes. If anyone smarter than me figures this SCCM setting out, pls post ok?

- How to add and enable the European-type rear fog light. On the Fusion, it took two FORSCan coding changes in the BCM, a hardware switch-out of the inner Fusion (trunk hatch) rear turn lights to add a new focused strong rear light, a hardware switch-out of the light switch on the dash which added the rear fog light button, adding one very short wire with Ford OEM connectors to loop together two parts of the BCM, and adding a long wire between the BCM and the trunk rear lights, again with Ford OEM connectors at both ends, and a coding change in the IPC module to enable the orange rear fog light telltale. Having owned a BMW 318i with a built-in rear fog light, and later this Fusion with the rear fog lights added (I added the rear fogs on the Fusion's left and right rear light sets, 'cause - why not?), I have recognized how useful for my road safety and others' safety this feature is when driving in the rare heavy fog, in a blinding rainstorm and even in a heavy snowfall. However, because of the (AFAIK) potential BCM pinout connection mapping, this mod is the most complex to figure out. The two hardware pieces to replace, i.e. the Euro dash light switch and the Euro rear light with fog lamp, will likely become very easy to locate once I find part numbers, and also once enough European junk yards accumulate busted Mach E carcasses to strip parts from and post on EBay etc. Once the appropriate pinout BCM connections are known and the wires are run between pins, FORSCan mods to the BCM and the IPC should be the final, easy bits. Any knowledge here as we discover it will be appreciated.

Based on reactions to this new thread, I might come back and add the FORScan coding steps for the ALREADY DONE mods, so they are discoverable in one place as we add more such mods... I haven't yet discovered a public Google Doc with FORScan mods for our Mach E. WIll this be useful to the forum? (pls voice your opinion) EDIT: I just added the Mirrors Auto Tilt How-To Steps above. I'll search for and add links to FORScan steps discovered elsewhere, sometime this weekend.

Thanks,
I’m trying to get the rear fog light active too. So looks like we have the same reverse light as the Europeans do. If you look closely, it is separated into three sections. In Europe, the middle section has the red fog light. Not sure if it’s a whole different assembly with a red led light built in or do we still use incandescent bulbs. We would also need a euro spec light switch with a fog button.

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually sourced the Euro rear backup / red rear fog light. The white backup section and the red rear fog section are all LEDs. It's sitting here on the shelf. Also sourced the light control switch with the rear fog light on/off function. That is already popped into the car's dashboard. One of the Winter projects coming up I guess... tbc.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
I actually sourced the Euro rear backup / red rear fog light. The white backup section and the red rear fog section are all LEDs. It's sitting here on the shelf. Also sourced the light control switch with the rear fog light on/off function. That is already popped into the car's dashboard. One of the Winter projects coming up I guess... tbc.
Awesome I can’t wait to see how it goes. Please do a detailed write up if you get it to work.

Jay_in_Austin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm hoping someone can figure out if the MME can do the Vehicle-to-Home HVDC power output like the Lightning. That feature can be dealer enabled on the Lightning Pro so some before and after scans should show what enables the function on the Lightning. Emporia Energy is saying they will have a 11.5KW V2H unit in 2023 and I would expect it to Lightning compatible.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm hoping someone can figure out if the MME can do the Vehicle-to-Home HVDC power output like the Lightning. That feature can be dealer enabled on the Lightning Pro so some before and after scans should show what enables the function on the Lightning. Emporia Energy is saying they will have a 11.5KW V2H unit in 2023 and I would expect it to Lightning compatible.
Future MME models might have the capability, but our current models lack the hardware needed. The only option we have is to use the LVB to run an inverter. Lots of people have rigged up their cars to do that easily, but the most you will get out is 1500-2000 Watts. That is more than sufficient for camping and even short power outages, but it is not as easy to use as a vehicle to home solution is. If you really want that capability, you will have to get another vehicle.
Sponsored