Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
also the Route 1 Aero covers have been updated to a low gloss black instead of Sparkle inSilver finishj
yes... I'm not a fan of the matte black finish :rolleyes:

As long as I can get a center cap I'm probably going to take the aeros off my rt 1
Sponsored

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Loved that everything is wrapped up, like the steering wheel.
I am hoping the front bracket was put on at the factory for only our Canadian friends up north.
I heard so many times that the front bracket was dealer installed... it does not look like it... so any plans to use an alternative front license plate holder (w/o drilling) is out the window...
ALL of the window stickers that I've seen imply that Ford is adding front license plate brackets to those MMEs. I wonder if they are installing the brackets to keep ONE motivated idiot like me from finding a way to screw the bracket into the battery pack? I know, I know, I know, but think about the hot coffee lawsuits. Many trivial "CYA" things that companies do are to shield the company from some idiot like me from drilling my front license plate into the wrong spot after connecting jumper cables to my MME charging port.

front license plate bracket.JPG

Hot coffee suit.JPG

hot coffee.jpg

More-hot-coffee-warnings.jpg

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
ALL of the window stickers that I've seen imply that Ford is adding front license plate brackets to those MMEs. I wonder if they are installing the brackets to keep ONE motivated idiot like me from finding a way to screw the bracket into the battery pack? I know, I know, I know, but think about the hot coffee lawsuits. Many trivial "CYA" things that companies do are to shield the company from some idiot like me from drilling my front license plate into the wrong spot after connecting jumper cables to my MME charging port.

front license plate bracket.JPG

Hot coffee suit.JPG

hot coffee.jpg

More-hot-coffee-warnings.jpg
No such "front plate" option on my window sticker:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Found an interesting "Delivered" car today (1/18) in Missouri 1611024649283

(Michigan doesn't use front plates)

You would have to be really motivated to screw a plate into the battery pack given its location relative to the front!

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
1611024649283.png

You would have to be really motivated to screw a plate into the battery pack given its location relative to the front!
Some people have a way of achieving near-impossible clusterplucks. As the foldable and retractable license plate brackets become more prevalent, a few folks might make mistakes. Most won't. But, IMHO, silly practices, rules and laws are established based on a few who cause issues for the masses. Ford MAY assume it's safer to mount the brackets at the factory as a means to minimize damage to components in/near the front bumper.

When I purchased my Model S, a few of my colleagues explained that randomly affixing a license plate bracket could damage a sensor, camera or their parts.

Out of curiosity what model MME?

p.s. I tried to be funny about the battery. I failed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Found an interesting "Delivered" car today (1/18) in Missouri Another Reason To Mount Lic Plate Bracket @ Factory.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: UW2

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My previous experience with an order was that the plate bracket was still listed on the sticker but installed by the dealer- placed in the trunk if you requested it not be installed. My dealer was also under the assumption that they would be the ones to install this time.

1611024649283.png

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did notice the license plate bracket. Sure looks like it was factory installed to me.

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
A carbonized gray first edition was sold a Lou Fusz Ford in St. Louis. I was hoping to see it but it was gone too soon.
Sponsored