Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
FYI

Yesterday I got an email with what looked like a ford.com address that said something about something was changed with my account, it looked weird. So I said I'm gonna change my PW. When I did I was locked out. Called Ford this morning and they said that I was locked out bc of some type of fraud and they said that it will take a few days for me to get back into Ford app.

Screenshot_20221129-130153.png

Screenshot_20221129-124957.png

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
You were probably logged into a third party service with your Ford account. They are cracking down on that.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I got the same email on 11/22. thought it was phishing.

Ended up calling Fordpass on the phone, and the agent was super friendly and took down all my info. I mentioned that I had signed up for Recurrent but subsequently deleted my Mach-E from the service.

Called on Monday and got the vague "User profile modified" email this morning with "Enabled: TRUE" which means my account was re-enabled.

Pretty fast turnaround IMO - must be they are getting a ton of calls/inquiries...

OP
OP
cujo70056

cujo70056

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
I got the same email on 11/22. thought it was phishing.

Ended up calling Fordpass on the phone, and the agent was super friendly and took down all my info. I mentioned that I had signed up for Recurrent but subsequently deleted my Mach-E from the service.

Called on Monday and got the vague "User profile modified" email this morning with "Enabled: TRUE" which means my account was re-enabled.

Pretty fast turnaround IMO - must be they are getting a ton of calls/inquiries...
Same here, I think the only app I have attached is optiwatt, I cancelled it today

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Could they pick a more obscure and anti-customer way to let people know their account is locked?
No. They focus grouped it and determined that this was absolutely the worst possible way to treat their customers. Farley said, "That'll work."

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got the same email yesterday along with a few others that posted on my FB post about it. I had deleted my optiwatt app and my widget several months ago. Someone said they could still be accessing it even though I’m not usingthe apps. I chatted with ford they said someone would call me in 3-5 days. Ill call tomorrow to see if they can do it faster.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Got the same email yesterday along with a few others that posted on my FB post about it. I had deleted my optiwatt app and my widget several months ago. Someone said they could still be accessing it even though I’m not usingthe apps. I chatted with ford they said someone would call me in 3-5 days. Ill call tomorrow to see if they can do it faster.
If you change your FordPass password, it will cut off Optiwatt's access. (Of course you probably can't do that right now since your account is locked 😕)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If you change your FordPass password, it will cut off Optiwatt's access. (Of course you probably can't do that right now since your account is locked 😕)
Oddly enough, you are able to reset your password when your account is disabled (I tried it and the pwd change was successful).

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Exactly, im in wait mode for someone to call me, calling did nothing.
Sponsored