Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I read it as the early notification is for pass+ members to know to wait until friday to charge and/or set up a road trip for the weekend. The charging is for everyone, just like they've been doing on holiday/special weekends for a while now. They've done it for Earth day, memorial day, independence day, and now labor day.
Sponsored

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was expecting this. It is pretty much expected at this point that it would be free, so far this year holiday weekends has meant free charging,
Which is great because gas tends to go up in price.

I totally expect this to only go on for so long. Eventually EA will stop doing this.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Didn't get the email, but also saw the same promotion posted on Twitter by EV Shift. So it's for Pass+ AND for "all customers"? Why not just saw free for all and save us the confusion!

It is for ALL customers, but only Pass+ customers got the heads up email.

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
Too bad I don't have a car to use this weekend. Maybe next year eh...

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Just saw this on FB. Did anyone here get this email?

241120630_10224896328012977_3789179368579572721_n.jpg
EA came out with this free offer a few days too soon! We leave on Tuesday 09/07 for Texas so no free charges on our 1500+ mile trip!

I guess I can go to our local EA spot on do a full charge this weekend. Right now our Mach-E is at 45% so I guess I'll wait until Monday then take it for a free charge ?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I read it as the early notification is for pass+ members to know to wait until friday to charge and/or set up a road trip for the weekend. The charging is for everyone, just like they've been doing on holiday/special weekends for a while now. They've done it for Earth day, memorial day, independence day, and now labor day.
☝ This.
Exactly what I gathered the second time around reading it. Once again, Tim in FTW! ?

Thanks for posting @ChasingCoral

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I plugged in today as a non-member and my account was debited from my “free plug&Charge allotment.”

Even better, starting at 15% I charged for 32mins and received 18kWh. A blistering speed of 34kW. Pathetic. I want my credits back. Ugh.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I plugged in today as a non-member and my account was debited from my “free plug&Charge allotment.”

Even better, starting at 15% I charged for 32mins and received 18kWh. A blistering speed of 34kW. Pathetic. I want my credits back. Ugh.
If you want free EA charging you may need to initiate the charging session with the EA app.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
We are currently at 85% so it may not be worth it to drive 25 miles to get to the closest EA station! Lol
You need to drive in a 100 "Quality Mile" circumference circle to the charger... Thus you'll have certified your Mach-E and have need of the charger... :)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If you want free EA charging you may need to initiate the charging session with the EA app.
I’ll try that next time. I called EA this morning and they verified the promo started at 3am EST and applies to everyone. They told me it should not debit my Ford account as long as I don’t initiate through FordPass. They me I should just plug the car in, which is what I did. They’re looking into the issue.

I also tried calling Ford but that was a total circus. First I tried regular customer service, but was told I needed to talk to the marketing department. Then I was on hold for about 30 minutes with the marketing department only to be told that I actually need to talk to Ford Pass. Each time I am being “transferred,” I am actually just being dumped back into the regular call center cue where I have to talk to the computer! So then I get through to Ford Pass, and they tell me I actually need to speak to Blue Oval Charging Network. They give me a number to call (833 344 4375) but also transfer me…. And I end up back in the regular cue again. So I hang up and try the number I was given, and I end up in the regular cue again. When I tell the computer I am trying to reach Blue Oval Charging Network… it send me back to Marketing. I gave up.

• Sad
Reactions: Nav

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

That is a defective charger. Switch to a 150kw charger. We had that speed at Huber Heights, OH.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Got screwed again! EA Ford deducted 23 from my account on this free day. Come on @Ford Motor Company ! Ormond beach Walmart EA. Also, prod pass app stopped working 7 hours ago, signed out and back in, doesn't know me. WTH!
Sponsored