Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
It would be tomorrow! I just picked up my Mach-E and the dealer charged it up to 100%. The 39 mile trip home just knocked 10% off the SOC. Thunderstorms and rain this evening, so it looks like a 280 mile road trip to nowhere tomorrow! It might be a good day to see the distance to drop the SOC down to 20% in cooler temperatures, and how fast a 150kW EA charger can replenish.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's real ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 20210422_064600

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 20210422_064712

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 20210422_072914

Also, it lit up with P&C. No app stuff. I've confirmed my FordPass balance did not drop any.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's real ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 20210422_072914

Also, it lit up with P&C. No app stuff. I've confirmed my FordPass balance did not drop any.
When you say lit up with P&C what does that mean? Did it work as P&C? Or are you referring to a screen message? Would appreciate details.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Just used a fast charger for the first time after more than 2 months of ownership. Couldn’t pass up the free charge plus it let me test out fast charging prior to an upcoming road trip.

Overall I’m VERY impressed. I plugged the Electrify America charter into the port and it instantly started charging and maintained a charge rate of over 100 kWh for almost the entire time (at least 2/3 of the charge) before dropping to the 90s kWh and then 75 kWh for the last stretch. I went from 27% to 80% in 29 min and added 50kWh, which exceeded my expectations.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Just tried charging at an EA location with 3 fast charge stations. Two had error screens so I couldn't plug in there. One seemed to be working. I plugged in and walked away, only to find out it had stopped charging after about a minute. Spent 20 mins on the phone with their customer service but unfortunately seems to be a problem with the location itself. I'm glad I wasn't close to 0% on a long road trip.

Gonna try a different location later tonight. Hoping it goes more smoothly.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well I picked one not too far away to give it a go. When I get there.....

All the stalls are filled with Mach-E's! Er ok except one: A Bolt. In addition there was a Mach-E waiting... Even worse all but one of the Mach-E's was infinite blue!

Who planned this meetup??

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

All the stalls are filled with Mach-E's! Er ok except one: A Bolt. In addition there was a Mach-E waiting... Even worse all but one of the Mach-E's was infinite blue!

it's a free chance to chat with fellow owners! ?

also my stations were empty except for me but it was 6:30 am ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Charged up in Lexington ky, well the charger is in Georgetown ky. Then charged up in Williamsburg ky. And finally charged up in Knoxville TN. All three plug and charge and again no problem with it working.

Williamsburg only had two chargers working though.

Cookeville Tennessee is next. next is Nashville, bowling green than home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 1619119943376

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I was already at 66%, but just to give another shot at DCFC, I swung by the only EA in town. All I had to do was plug in, and it started charging within 30 seconds.

So my guess is that the communication with Ford re payment is where Plug & Charge is having major problems. When the charging is free, everything works great!!

As for the FordPass App, it looks like the charging status kinda works in a very limited way but runs about 60 seconds behind. After plugging in and starting the charge, I returned to my car and opened the app. At first it said nothing. About 30 seconds and multiple forced refreshes later, it said “plugged in, not charging.” Another 30 seconds after that it says “Fast Charging.”

So that kinda works? Now the stuff that doesn’t work....
1. The app estimates I will be finished charging at 3:50pm. It is currently 3:58 pm and I am at 74%. With the cliff, it would be closer to 6pm before I finish.
2. When I click for details, I get this....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 9448CE97-B0DA-417D-B9E2-F319790BED5B

So FordPass charging status remains almost completely worthless. And there’s no charging status displayed in the car, either. So the only way to get status is on the EA station screen itself.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Anyways.. cough excuse me.

Cookeville Tn charge worked fine to plug and charge and Nashville worked again plug and charge. Getting some dinner and on the way to the last charger.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
@AFVolt , are you headed to EA station at love's on 27 and I4?

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
OMG! No one here but MME. Free juice!

PXL_20210422_235009469.jpg

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

There is one in Novi that always seems full of MME.. over on the west side the stations are almost completely empty.

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
There is one in Novi that always seems full of MME.. over on the west side the stations are almost completely empty.
LOL The Novi Walmart perhaps? (that was it)

I was tempted to go try the Ypsi one but didn't have the time available to go from Novi to Ypsi and charge.
Sponsored