JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
LOL The Novi Walmart perhaps? (that was it)

I was tempted to go try the Ypsi one but didn't have the time available to go from Novi to Ypsi and charge.
That's the one!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
To date, I have never seen another EV at a charging station while I was there. It’s amazing.
I've been as high as 3 out of 4 chargers in use at once -- once. Also a few where I was one of 2 at a 4-6 charger station. Twice I had a Tesla drive up and I had to explain to them why they couldn't charge there -- clueless!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've been as high as 3 out of 4 chargers in use at once -- once. Also a few where I was one of 2 at a 4-6 charger station. Twice I had a Tesla drive up and I had to explain to them why they couldn't charge there -- clueless!
LOL. I guess I’m lucky to live in flyover country where there are very few EVs, particularly non-Tesla’s. I wouldn’t mind having a few more DCFC stations, though.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
I grabbed the 350kw and plugged it in and started charging. Thought the car would melt! Charging at 156kw. Done in 33 minutes.

PXL_20210422_232108155.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I grabbed the 350kw and plugged it in and started charging. Thought the car would melt! Charging at 156kw. Done in 33 minutes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations PXL_20210422_232108155
Yep. That’s the typical park at the start of a charge. I’ve seen as high as 165 but 155-160 is more common.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Yesterday, I only drove 38.5 miles on my first day. Today I decided to go up to Gloucester, MA to buy a short USB-C to USB-C cable. Now I have a dedicated cable to plug my phone into the car. I then headed down south to Cumberland, RI to get some Autocrat Coffee at Dave's Market. I did some additional shopping as I travelled back home. I ended the day at the Walmart in Saugus, MA with 31% SOC and 79 miles of range. I averaged 3.9 miles/kW over 227.5 miles, which I though was decent with the temperatures in the 40s.

The chargers are in the front of the building at the end opposite the entrance. The charging stalls were empty. I parked and plugged into the end charger. The free session started automatically, but only had a 30kW rate. I waited and the rate did not increase. At 36% I stopped charging and when over to the next charger. The free session again started automatically. It had a higher 58kW rate and was around 80kw at about 62% SOC. While I was charging a Tesla backed into the spot I first tried and started charging. At 80% SOC the charge rate dropped to 10kW, so I stopped the session and unplugged. The second session put 42kWh in the battery in 35 minutes. I had a range estimate of 242 miles. I think I will try the third charger when I charge there again.

The Tesla was still charging when I left. So far I really like the Mach-E. Thanks again for mentioning about the free Earth Day charge sessions!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
well, we have been home for a little while. Finished the last leg. Not one problem with plug and charge. Had to make sure I didn't use my free charging. The next trip will be to gulf shores.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
That's the one!
I was at the Novi EA station today. 3 of 4 stations had cars... a Bolt and two Mach-E's (I did talk to the other Mach-E driver ... that was a Ford employee).

BTW, Plug & Charge DID work (first for me). Last time I tried to use it (twice) it didn't work. I called EA and the rep comp'd the charge (I sort of wish she would not have because I wanted to figure it out). Turns out she told me the car MUST be unlocked for P&C to work. I had been putting the phone in my pocket and when I walked to the front of the car to get the charge cord the horn would honk (doors locked).

So THIS TIME ... I left the phone in the car (on the charge pad) and the P&C initiated just fine.

Thanks EA for the free charge on Earth Day!

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag
The EA stations in Santa Ana are never full. Was happy to juice up for free, even walked over to the 7-11 for a couple scratchers while I waited, chuckling at the $4.07 per gallon at the pump.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Free Charging on Earth Day (4/22) at Electrify America charging stations 772F86F8-57B0-4289-BF7C-7874F4444E1E_1_105_c

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Was at 72%, but decided to take advantage of the opportunity to charge to 100% for only the second time ever. Still haven't seen a second Mach E yet in the wild yet, as the other two stalls just had a leaf and bolt ?‍♂

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
wait they couldn't go through the adapter (doesn't everyone get a J1772 adapter now?) and the app and setting up an account etc?

I mean that's not practical, but if the person really needed a charge, they could have done it, yes?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Turns out she told me the car MUST be unlocked for P&C to work.
hmm. this may be true but I don't think this matches my experience. But at this point I don't know for sure since I didn't pay that much attention. I know that I've plugged four times at EA, and three times it worked.. the third of four, it didn't, but unplug/replug immediately worked... at that time, the door was not just unlocked but open the whole time of that third/fourth plug.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
wait they couldn't go through the adapter (doesn't everyone get a J1772 adapter now?) and the app and setting up an account etc?

I mean that's not practical, but if the person really needed a charge, they could have done it, yes?
We're talking DCFC stations. You can't use them with a J1772 adapter just like you can't use a TeslaTap on a SuperCharger. The J-1772 adapters are L1/L2 only.

There IS an option but clueless Tesla drivers won't have paid for one of these $600-$1,000 goodies:
https://insideevs.com/news/463721/tesla-ccs-fast-charge-adapter-setec/
Sponsored