Free FordPass Charging Network Credits in Canada?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
From what I have found online, it seems like Ford is offering free charging credits for Mach-E purchases in the USA and I was wondering if we have something similar in Canada. Does anyone know if this is USA only or do we Canadians get some free charging too?
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Nope. Nothing free. Although the OK sticker on the back of the car to go through HOV lanes is useful, except most times I have 3 or more people when I'm in the lanes.

And as I'm charging at home our electricity plan goes up as I'm a "heavier user". Asked BC Hydro about this and they said it is one issue they are looking in to for EV consumers.

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Nope. Nothing free. Although the OK sticker on the back of the car to go through HOV lanes is useful, except most times I have 3 or more people when I'm in the lanes.

And as I'm charging at home our electricity plan goes up as I'm a "heavier user". Asked BC Hydro about this and they said it is one issue they are looking in to for EV consumers.
Just wanted to post an update on this. I have only charged at Electrify Canada a couple times, but every single time I did, it was free. Each time I used plug and charge and was for 15-min at most, but after I was finished with my session, there was a discount for the entire charging amount.

I have not see any charges on my credit card for this either so it has been entirely free thus far. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

coulomb

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Extended Premium, VW Golf
Occupation
Computer geek
Country flag
No free charging but I've received 40,000 Ford points, which is equivalent to $200. I bought a rubber cargo area protector at the dealership, total was $221 so I had to pay the $21 difference.

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
Just wanted to post an update on this. I have only charged at Electrify Canada a couple times, but every single time I did, it was free. Each time I used plug and charge and was for 15-min at most, but after I was finished with my session, there was a discount for the entire charging amount.

I have not see any charges on my credit card for this either so it has been entirely free thus far. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
nope, used the network twice in Barrie over thanksgiving weekend and paid full price both times. Would have been nice

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Eletricfy canada is too expensive!!
38 kw for 34$!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Free FordPass Charging Network Credits in Canada? Screenshot_20211019_173537_com.ec.evowner
It is too expensive. I have noticed that the Petro-Canada or BC Hydro stations are much cheaper for L3 DC fast charging but Electrify America is more common along the highway routes.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
My last 2 charges on EC were free. That was on October 18th and 16th. Before that they were not.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
It is too expensive. I have noticed that the Petro-Canada or BC Hydro stations are much cheaper for L3 DC fast charging but Electrify America is more common along the highway routes.
I have used Petro Canada DC fast Charing as well along 401 highway in my trips between Ontario and Quebec. Half the price compared to Electrify Canada and charging speed is the same. I can charge from 10% to 80% in 40 to 45 minutes for a total of 55kW. That's fast enough for my family as we need to break at least twice on a 700km trip

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Isn't there a difference between the 150 and 350 "pumps" the 150 wasn't too bad. Cost a bit more than petro Canada but was a bit quicker.
I prefer petro Canada and find it cheaper and quicker than bc hydro.

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Isn't there a difference between the 150 and 350 "pumps" the 150 wasn't too bad. Cost a bit more than petro Canada but was a bit quicker.
I prefer petro Canada and find it cheaper and quicker than bc hydro.
Petro-Canada is definitely the best in my area when it comes to price and high kW fast chargers.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Petro-Canada is definitely the best in my area when it comes to price and high kW fast chargers.
Yes, but they won't let me transfer my petro points to ev credits. They did say they are working on it, which means.....
Sponsored