Freebie Charging after purchase of new MME???

Lady Anne

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We are having a terrible time figuring out this “Ford Pass” system. It was my understanding that when we purchased our MME, we were suppose to receive some free credit to us for charging our vehicle at the “Electrify America” charging stations. Seems the the Electrify America system doesn’t recognize our car. Also I have never gotten a straight answer as to how much power credit we are due or for that matter for what period of time to we have charging station access. our dealer seems a bit clueless!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
We are having a terrible time figuring out this “Ford Pass” system. It was my understanding that when we purchased our MME, we were suppose to receive some free credit to us for charging our vehicle at the “Electrify America” charging stations. Seems the the Electrify America system doesn’t recognize our car. Also I have never gotten a straight answer as to how much power credit we are due or for that matter for what period of time to we have charging station access. our dealer seems a bit clueless!
Did you activate Plug and Charge? You should see your kW balance in the FordPass app.

You should get 250 kW and 2 years of ‘access’ to the Blue Oval Charging Network.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The 250 kW is only good for 2 years.
Ah, yes you’re right. I had 2023 in my mind when mine expires. Couldn’t drop thinking about 3.

I’ve only got 19 kWh left of the 500 kWh Ford gave me, so it’ll be gone long before it expires, LOL.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Ah, yes you’re right. I had 2023 in my mind when mine expires. Couldn’t drop thinking about 3.

I’ve only got 19 kWh left of the 500 kWh Ford gave me, so it’ll be gone long before it expires, LOL.
I've only used 12 kWh. But my balance shows 498. I plan on one road trip at the end of the year, But I don't expect to use all of it before it expires. And then if end up buying Lightning, I'll get 250 more.

Mark II

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just got my car a few days ago. Set up plug and charge but I only see a 250 kwh balance. I got the email back in August that my car would be delayed due to the chip shortage and that I would be receiving an extra 250 kwh. So I should be at 500 correct? Any idea how to get that extra amount?

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
No. Mine just magically showed up. Maybe if use some of the ones you have it’ll trigger the increased kw’s.

Mark II

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
No. Mine just magically showed up. Maybe if use some of the ones you have it’ll trigger the increased kw’s.
I checked again today and now my balance is up to 500 kWh. I guess it just takes a bit. Thanks!

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
I just activated plug and charge. The activation email mentions 250kwh but when I opened FordPass, it shows a charging bundle balance of 500kwh. :)
Sponsored