Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 GMC Acadia
Occupation
Nursing Administrator
Country flag
Friend wanted to drive my Premium AWD Mach-E. Great guy, owns his own mechanic shop. I jumped in the back seat and my son sat in passenger front. He accelerated around a blind corner from 42 to 72 on an open road and underestimated the power and acceleration. (his first time driving an EV) As he corrected, he slammed into the back of a parked pick-up at 72 mph. Totally horrifying. Anyway, wanted to post to tell you this is one very safe vehicle. We all walked away with minor bruises and burns from the airbags. Amazing technology. I am in my 60s and never been in this serious of an accident before. Just waiting to hear if it is totaled or not. Either way, someday I'll be driving a Mach-E again. Be safe out there!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed Sturtevant Mach E Front damage
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

0x0000

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 (RWD)
Country flag
Friend wanted to drive my Premium AWD Mach-E. Great guy, owns his own mechanic shop. I jumped in the back seat and my son sat in passenger front. He accelerated around a blind corner from 42 to 72 on an open road and underestimated the power and acceleration. (his first time driving an EV) As he corrected, he slammed into the back of a parked pick-up at 72 mph. Totally horrifying. Anyway, wanted to post to tell you this is one very safe vehicle. We all walked away with minor bruises and burns from the airbags. Amazing technology. I am in my 60s and never been in this serious of an accident before. Just waiting to hear if it is totaled or not. Either way, someday I'll be driving a Mach-E again. Be safe out there!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed Sturtevant Mach E Front damage
I felt a deep pain in my stomach after seeing this picture. Glad to hear that everyone is safe.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Oh my! Glad to hear you all are ok! Sandy Munro did some comments on the front structure support due to lack of an engine block. Did the MME show a pre-assist Collision alert?

OP
OP

Jimstur

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 GMC Acadia
Occupation
Nursing Administrator
Country flag
Oh my! Glad to hear you all are ok! Sandy Munro did some comments on the front structure support due to lack of an engine block. Did the MME show a pre-assist Collision alert?
It happened so fast! I didn't see the MME go off. We were skidding and we hit the truck at an angle as he was trying to correct. One second we were laughing, then he accelerated, I felt the skid and bang! I think we were too fast for the MME to respond. Only have had it for 2 months. Loved it. Take care.

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Certainly good news that everybody got out without serious injury.

While I have no training as an insurance adjuster, I'd agree with Psalm139, that seems like it's well past the point of being totaled.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am glad to hear everyone walked away. Looks like the car did a great job at protecting you and the others. Good luck with insurance and then finding another MachE someday.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Wow. Glad everyone is safe. I would think it is totalled. Not sure I would want it to be fixed

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
Sorry to see pics, but glad to hear you all are ok. My impression was if airbag deployed insurance does not want to go repair route. Don’t know if that is true with EVs

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Is he still your friend? ?

Seriously, glad no one was hurt and I appreciate you sharing. It’s comforting to know how safe these cars are.
Sponsored