Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I know the Book of Psalms contains great wisdom. But this is truly next-level!
David wrote psalm139. But his side gig was insurance adjuster. I guess everyone needs a side hustle.
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Probably the insurance company will haul it away and not allow the parts to be taken. I have heard where when you sign the agreement of how much they give you they also make sure you know they own it and you can't take anything. I heard that through State Farm.
My 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid was totaled in 2017 and I had to sign it over to Travelers Insurance at the junk yard.

It’s salvage value was $3500.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed 7FE1BD87-9876-4043-AECC-CD2B97AD93A0

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just curious, did the roof glass stay intact or did it fall into the car? Glad to hear everyone was OK.
It's intact in the picture.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Glad everyone walked away from it. Any chance you took a picture of what the truck looked like after the collision, @Jimstur?

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
As soon as I read " and underestimated the power and acceleration" my chest just tightened up and i was scared to scroll down. But ohh when I saw the picture, my heart sank a bit.

I can honestly say this hurts sooo bad to see.
But on the other hand it could have been so much worse and Im happy to hear that you made it out ok and unharmed.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Glad you and your son and friend made it out unscathed. That said, it takes a special kind of mofo to trash a good-handling AWD vehicle with undefeatable stability control AND the low center of gravity weight of the HV pack. Like. Truly. Special. It’s quick but it ain’t a Tesla S Plaid we’re talkin’ bout.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Agree with the others who've recommended getting a refundable deposit and an order in for a replacement Mustang Mach E (assuming you want to stay with the Mustang Mach E) ASAP. Be sure to get X-Plan so you don't have to screw around with any dealer surprise games later on.
Order a GT, your friend might enjoy testing that too.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So hard to see this happen, but so relieved no one was hurt. hugs to you .
When I first got my car I was so excited to let my friends drive it. (It is pretty darn unbelievable how fast and responsive It is)?. Then when a neighbor floored it in a residential area, I realized what an idiot I was for taking risks like that, especially when these friends could never have known the danger. I swore off letting others drive it and thank God no one was hurt.

so glad you guys are ok. A blessing in disguise. A good warning for all of us too.
the car can be replaced. Thinking of you!

blink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red MME+
Damn, I'm going to warn people wanting to test drive from this point on

Agree your friend, if similar age to OP, should've known better than to floor an unfamiliar car through a blind corner. None of the people who tried my car did that so far. Those who tried flooring it was actually pretty careful and didn't floor it all the way (narrow roads around here).

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Wow, glad you are OK, you and your son should really see a, Physical Therapist no way you all walked away without some issues that you should address with PT.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Friend wanted to drive my Premium AWD Mach-E. Great guy, owns his own mechanic shop. I jumped in the back seat and my son sat in passenger front. He accelerated around a blind corner from 42 to 72 on an open road and underestimated the power and acceleration. (his first time driving an EV) As he corrected, he slammed into the back of a parked pick-up at 72 mph. Totally horrifying. Anyway, wanted to post to tell you this is one very safe vehicle. We all walked away with minor bruises and burns from the airbags. Amazing technology. I am in my 60s and never been in this serious of an accident before. Just waiting to hear if it is totaled or not. Either way, someday I'll be driving a Mach-E again. Be safe out there!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed 7FE1BD87-9876-4043-AECC-CD2B97AD93A0
So glad no one got seriously hurt. I have to wonder what the back of the truck looked liked.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I am glad to hear everyone walked away. Looks like the car did a great job at protecting you and the others. Good luck with insurance and then finding another MachE someday.
And better friends
Sponsored