Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I’m sure you were freaking out in the moment and the aftermath. Amazing to see all ok, especially your son, closest to the hit. It’s a testament to the safety and design of this Mach E. No fire or anything. That’s a blessing and thank you for sharing your amazing story. It makes me feel safer strapping my little ones in the back of mine.
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad everyone was ok. First thing I noticed the windshield stayed intact. Did you have the recalls done? If not, why bother the car is safe.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How dare you!!!!

It’s at least a station wagon, possibly a crossover and maybe even an SUV!
Not an SUV, I will go for crossover but it lacks utility to be an SUV

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Totally reasonable explanation. I stated 72 because it was the last thing I saw before the accident. Like I said, it happened so fast. Good point that we probably hit at a slower speed at impact.
What speed was in the insurance claim ?? And don’t answer this!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Not an SUV, I will go for crossover but it lacks utility to be an SUV
I’ve had to endure a Toyota rental car while they do the roof and windscreen fix and thankfully all outstanding ota.

the mme is more than a car. I’ve had to brake, stay more attentive, pay for gas, put the accelerator to the ground and go nowhere but it does make a lot of noise.

Hope you can find a replacement soon OP!

vinnyz

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang mach e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
God bless, you definitely had a Guardian Angel with you.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Name me an SUV that has the Sport necessary to be an SUV.
The “Sport” version of a utility vehicle is much different then a “sport” version of a sedan.
Pretty much any Body on frame SUV fits the original definition of the term.
The Mach E is definitely a wagon as are most crossovers.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
You know nothing about this friendship. Why post this? Can't you keep this to yourself even if you feel that way? What is your motivation?
I was hesitant to post anything about this accident because I didn't want my friend to feel any more grief than he already does, but he said I should so fellow owners could learn from our mistakes and see how safe the car is. He's a good man.
it's a public internet, you posted, people react. that's how threads work.

if you don't want a particular reaction? don't post it out there to be commented on.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Alfa Romeo Stelvio
i don't want to derail the thread, but doesn't this example kind of prove my point? (Love the Stelvio, btw. My Stelvio-owning friend loves my Mach-e.)

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
Glad to hear that you are okay after that. I came very close to totaling my Mach-E yesterday. Driving along I-43 in Wisconsin, I had a guy swerving all over in a pickup who passed me on the left and he then swerved off the left side of the road, over-compensated, then swerved back right in front of a semi truck that was right in front of me. That guy ended up doing a 180 and rolling his pick-up down into the ravine. I pulled off and ran down to check on him, while my wife called 911. No idea how, but he got out of the vehicle, seemingly completely unharmed and just instantly started telling me to not call the cops (even though wife was already on with them), then he asked for a ride to the "end of the freeway". No way was I going to give the guy a ride, especially when insisting on no police. A nurse ended up pulling off to offer her help and he somehow convinced her drive him to the "end of the freeway" and he left us to then wait for the cops to show and give our report. I am pretty sure his truck or his tags were stolen (tags were only held on with electrical tape). I really hope the woman who drove him off is safe and sound and I am REALLY glad that my family in our car and our Mach-E did not end up in an accident with this guy.

20220117_161203.jpg

271941541_10159976231018894_4291202112698560633_n.jpg
I hope I am never in a position where I need anything requiring brain power from that nurse. Bad choice on so many levels. She enabled the guy to kill someone next time.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
i don't want to derail the thread, but doesn't this example kind of prove my point? (Love the Stelvio, btw. My Stelvio-owning friend loves my Mach-e.)
I don’t know that your point was clear.

What point were you trying to make? When I read your question about “sport” it seemed like you were suggesting that SUVs weren’t sporty.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I don’t know that your point was clear.

What point were you trying to make? When I read your question about “sport” it seemed like you were suggesting that SUVs weren’t sporty.
Just that sport utility vehicles tend to be high on utility or high on sport but not both. (The criticism of the Mach-e not being an SUV because it has little U, but most SUVs have little S.)
Sponsored