Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
@EELinneman

Do you use it with JBV1? We have an extra (older) phone dedicated to running that with a BT dongle since it's the older model. Hubby thinks it's way better than the Valentine app since it ties into Waze. We get alerts for speed limit changes, speed traps, broken down cars, trash in the road, etc and can report things as we come upon them. It's a pretty sweet set up. He's been thinking about upgrading to the gen 2 for a while, but can't convince himself to pull the trigger since the gen 1 is still working great.

I'm the slower and more cautious driver of us two and am definitely not that guy. We've learned what we can get away with in our normal driving area without being obnoxious and try to fly more than taking road trips since he works for an airline. He has a 60 mile round trip commute to work, so it's nice to have the peace of mind. The V1 has been a great "investment" so far and has also saved us a boatload over the years.
I've got an iPhone and use V1Driver, which doesn't have these features. Your app looks like a fantastic addition to the V1. Thank you for sharing this.
Sponsored

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
I am happy to say that I have just completed a successful trip from Phoenix to Seattle (1600 miles) in my RWD Ext range vehicle.
I was very nervous all through the trip as there were a lot of elevation changes throughout and I was traveling in a fully packed car with my wife, toddler, a dog and about 250lbs of luggage.

The Mach-E performed flawlessly minus the mysterious disappearance of hands free BC on the second day of this four day trip.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I am happy to say that I have just completed a successful trip from Phoenix to Seattle (1600 miles) in my RWD Ext range vehicle.
I was very nervous all through the trip as there were a lot of elevation changes throughout and I was traveling in a fully packed car with my wife, toddler, a dog and about 250lbs of luggage.

The Mach-E performed flawlessly minus the mysterious disappearance of hands free BC on the second day of this four day trip.
Good to hear. Did the BC come back after that day?

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Todd, did they end up replacing your BECM? Or any other parts besides the HVBJB?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Todd, did they end up replacing your BECM? Or any other parts besides the HVBJB?
Nope. There was a concern originally about electrical issues and the BECM. After they replaced the HVBJB there was another concern about the VDM, but everything eventually cleared. Appears that all is well.

I was also going to get some other things replaced on the car that I don't think they want me talking about yet, but that was delayed.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Nope. There was a concern originally about electrical issues and the BECM. After they replaced the HVBJB there was another concern about the VDM, but everything eventually cleared. Appears that all is well.

I was also going to get some other things replaced on the car that I don't think they want me talking about yet, but that was delayed.
Cool, it wasn't fried after all. It was just very confused...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

What was the VDM issue? Every time I plug into FDRS I have VDM can’t communicate with the BCM and it takes multiple clears to get rid of it. Just keeps coming back!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What was the VDM issue? Every time I plug into FDRS I have VDM can’t communicate with the BCM and it takes multiple clears to get rid of it. Just keeps coming back!
When that happens the service manual says:

Check for DTCs on the BCM.
If DTCs exist then replace the BCM.
If no DTCs exist in the BCM then ignore the error.

You should be good if it's the only DTC. Just clear it out.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You can try clearing codes with FORScan too, sometimes that works better than FDRS.
Sponsored