Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have been getting these errors a lot recently. Driving on the highway and they pop up then go away within 3 minutes. Should I have this checked out? I figured the dealer would want the car to be displaying the error message when I take it in, but it fixes itself after 3 to 5 mins of driving.

****UPDATE****
The fix is to get the coaxial cable replaced by the dealer. Theres is a TSB out for it now.

Ford TSB 23-2137
23-2137 Ford Technical Service Bulletin (tsbsearch.com)
****UPDATE****
Sponsored

Last edited:

PCS2021

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Lincoln Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve been getting them as well. My local dealer has not sold but maybe one Mach E, and I’m not sure if their service department is trained on the EV. Which is why I have not had the glass recall completed. My car is always clean, this goes off even at night, so….

Attachments

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
Guys, there are now several threads about this. This bad news is that there are many people whose cameras eventually stop functioning permanently, but they start the way you described it.
Shy of replacing the cameras, Ford has NOT found a way to fix this problem yet.
If you have a different experience and they manage to permanently fix your camera, please let the community know what they did.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We used to get this message on our 2019 Ford Expedition. I think the longest time it didn't work was 5 minutes. Got it when hot and/or very sunny and a few times in rain or foggy or snowy conditions.

Mike.M

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
i have 2021 Mach e all wheel drive, i've had car service but still getting this sign again and again. i and 2 of my brothers also bought it. i regret it . the sign keeps coming even after getting it serviced. We have a Limousine company and have a lot of Ford products, my first time owning a ford personally . Now thinking i will switch my personal car and also business cars . very very disappointed with their product

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
I was having this issue and my camera completely stopped working on around July 1. Scheduled service and dropped off at dealership on Friday, July 15.

They updated software and no luck. Replaced the camera module and still no luck. Now there is an issue with the software. Supposedly they are working with a ford engineer on this issue, however I suspect something unexpected has occurred in the repair and the problem is much larger with no clear or imminent path to getting resolved.

OP
OP
hbirring01

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was having this issue and my camera completely stopped working on around July 1. Scheduled service and dropped off at dealership on Friday, July 15.

They updated software and no luck. Replaced the camera module and still no luck. Now there is an issue with the software. Supposedly they are working with a ford engineer on this issue, however I suspect something unexpected has occurred in the repair and the problem is much larger with no clear or imminent path to getting resolved.
Thanks for the update. This is still happening more frequently. If the front camera fails a lot of the car's features wont work anymore

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This was happening to mine intermittently and now has failed permanently. I scheduled an appointment to fix. With the camera out, I can not use Regular Cruise control either. I still love the car.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
Mine is at the shop now. New camera… failed. New module… failed in 5 minutes. Now, a regional engineer is supposed to be working on it personally. They pulled the frunk out to get to the wiring.
No ETA on when it will be fixed. 8 months without a working camera. How do lemon laws work exactly?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors 964379B4-0728-47A0-9778-CFC0659F4C27

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Mine is at the shop now. New camera… failed. New module… failed in 5 minutes. Now, a regional engineer is supposed to be working on it personally. They pulled the frunk out to get to the wiring.
No ETA on when it will be fixed. 8 months without a working camera. How do lemon laws work exactly?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault & Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Errors 964379B4-0728-47A0-9778-CFC0659F4C27
Depends on your state. Generally it is somewhere around a cumulative time of 30 days in the shop or they've attempted to fix the issue at least three or four times. That would be on separate occasions, so, in your case, this will only count as one repair attempt. For it to have been more, they'd have had to have replaced the camera, given it back to you, then it fails on you, then you take it in, then they do new module, they give it back to you, then it fails and you bring it in again. Then you'd be in for your third repair attempt.

But if you feel it is going in this direction, you should open a case with Ford corp immediately on your own. Then when any of these hit, or get close, you can ask for a buyback. They'd prefer this as they can still try and fix the car and resell it, whereas a lemon car can't be resold.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
I had possession of the car between each maintenance session. This is the fourth maintenance I’ve had done in relation to the camera fault.
Will they give me a new Mach E or just buy mine back?

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We just started get the pre-collision errors this week. Haven't had the camera fault yet. We live in the Phoenix area. The car isn't parked out in the sun and is always in covered parking or in the garage. Thought maybe it could be caused by the Powerup 2.8.2 update. Didn't have these issues until the update installed.
Sponsored