TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got this message on a short drive. When I got home, I turned the car off, then back on. The message went away and the camera worked.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault 20210306_174617
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Liv
OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, it disabled Adaptive Cruise Control and Anti-Collision at the same time, since those rely on the front camera.

Seemed to be just another startup sequence bug rather than an actual problem with the camera, since it worked when I turned the car off/on again. Hopefully these things get cleaned up in the first OTA update later this month.

Also hope Ford is monitoring this whole ISSUES section of the forum. I assume they probably are.

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Ive had the same problem for a week. Tried all those things an nothing worked. Its at the dealer now for that and for the “drivers door wont unlock until you unlock another door first” problem

Ely2000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Country flag
Just got this message on a short drive. When I got home, I turned the car off, then back on. The message went away and the camera worked.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Fault 20210306_174617
Ever get this fixed. Mine been doing this from day one but this week it just does not work at all

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ever get this fixed. Mine been doing this from day one but this week it just does not work at all
No, that's the only time I ever saw the message. One-time fluke (so far) on mine, so I didn't do anything.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
I had this intermittently before. Got the permanent Front Camera Fault message now. Can’t even turn on cruise control! 5,300 miles on my MME. Service appointment is in the morning. Anybody had any experience successfully getting this fixed yet?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I had this intermittently before. Got the permanent Front Camera Fault message now. Can’t even turn on cruise control! 5,300 miles on my MME. Service appointment is in the morning. Anybody had any experience successfully getting this fixed yet?
They’ll probably try to recalibrate and if it doesn’t work they’ll replace the camera.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
They’ll probably try to recalibrate and if it doesn’t work they’ll replace the camera.
Hoping it’s not several weeks waiting for parts. Is there a TSB for the image processing module that they should run?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi Tim! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this concern with your front camera on my end.

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
Mine has been at the dealer for 9 business days (since 1/4) with a similar issue - "front camera fault" and "Pre collision assist not available".

Originally thought to be part of TSB 21-2249, but error came back during test drive after updates were applied. Can I give @Fordmotorcompany my info too?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mine has been at the dealer for 9 business days (since 1/4) with a similar issue - "front camera fault" and "Pre collision assist not available".

Originally thought to be part of TSB 21-2249, but error came back during test drive after updates were applied. Can I give @Fordmotorcompany my info too?
Hi there. Send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info. I can look into this on my end.
Sponsored