Front glass broken

Juerg82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hy there. My front glass is badly broken. No dealer in switzerland and germany can buy one... There is not possible to order... Can someone help me?
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hy there. My front glass is badly broken. No dealer in switzerland and germany can buy one... There is not possible to order... Can someone help me?
From the American Ford Parts website, I think Part # 5803100 is what you are looking for. Maybe an American dealership will let you buy it and can ship it to you for a fee?

Don't know if customs might make this impossible, or if there might be a big tariff shipping a car part into the EU/EEA.

EDIT: That link after posting now seems to be a generic placeholder for a windshield. I am seeing this info when choosing 2021 Mustang Mach-E on the Ford website for that part number:

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Change Vehicle

Windshield Glass
Part #: 5803100

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front glass broken {filename}

Usage: 10/26/2020, Mustang Mach - E, With Laminated Windshield, Electric W/Shield Defrost-Partial
Section: Windshield/Inside Rear View MirrorThis part may take up to 15 days to fulfill
Pick up only

Your Price: $587.86
MSRP: $653.18

Qty
Add To Cart

Ford Parts are the only parts designed and built to the specific standards of Ford Motor Company and are the only parts recommended for use in your Ford or Lincoln vehicle.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You've checked every service center in those two countries?!

Is the damage from an impact or from manufacturing stress?

Have you checked with vehicle glass replacement shops?

From the American Ford Parts website, I think Part # 5803100 is what you are looking for. Maybe an American dealership will let you buy it and can ship it to you for a fee?
Interesting idea, but I don't think the part is the same. In Europe they have heater wires through the whole windshield, while on our North American vehicles it is only heated at the top where the upper camera is located.

OP
OP

Juerg82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
You've checked every service center in those two countries?!

Is the damage from an impact or from manufacturing stress?

Have you checked with vehicle glass replacement shops?

Interesting idea, but I don't think the part is the same. In Europe they have heater wires through the whole windshield, while on our North American vehicles it is only heated at the top where the upper camera is located.
The damage is from transpor frim swiss delivery center to my dealer... Switzerland and germany didnt became a delivery date for the glass...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The damage is from transpor frim swiss delivery center to my dealer... Switzerland and germany didnt became a delivery date for the glass...
Ok thank you. This clarification is helpful.

You are not taking delivery until the dealer replaces the windshield. The dealer is unable to provide an estimate, because there is no glass in inventory, but they have ordered it. Correct?

I'm confused on why you are asking us to help you though (in your original post).

The glass is manufactured in France. Hopefully the wait will not be tremendously long.

OP
OP

Juerg82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Thank you... I was waiting over 1 year for my mach e. So im a little bit pissed because they cant deliver a glass now and nobody can say me a new date... So i was asking you guys here if i can order a glass from the states for my own and bring it to my dealer... But if its manufactered in france, this is closer to me...

• Sad
Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thank you... I was waiting over 1 year for my mach e. So im a little bit pissed because they cant deliver a glass now and nobody can say me a new date... So i was asking you guys here if i can order a glass from the states for my own and bring it to my dealer... But if its manufactered in france, this is closer to me...
Don't order from the USA based on what @macchiaz-o said. If your dealer (and nearby dealers) aren't able to order a new windshield yet, maybe try calling/emailing Ford dealerships in Norway? I think they have had a lot of Mach-E deliveries already so maybe Ford has more spare parts going to Norway before stocking up the rest of Europe?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Maybe it's both locations then. I noticed the heater wires in the trapezoidal area housing the camera on mine. Hadn't looked closely enough at the wiper area yet.
I do see lines across the camera area, so that may be the case. I’ll fire up the thermal camera at some point to see where it heats up.
Sponsored