Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Been doing some research and it appears black vinyl wrap will not affect the performance of the sensors. Of course, I'd check with installers to make sure this is correct. I'm just going off of antidotal examples in other forums.
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Been doing some research and it appears black vinyl wrap will not affect the performance of the sensors. Of course, I'd check with installers to make sure this is correct. I'm just going off of antidotal examples in other forums.
You are correct, unless you get a 'Foil' or 'Metal chrome' colors of wrap. The amount of metal in the actual wrap color will interfere with sensors. I know from a Model 3 my son wrapped in Gold Chrome.

It's an amazing attention grabber that one of his clients has on Turo in Destin. To manage this problem, he placed a Gloss Black strip over the Autonomous drive sensors on the front. just google turo Destin Gold model 3.

kaslerp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD WHITE
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Grille Vinyl came from the company @zvez mentioned. They sell them on eBay.
I used King Wrap Customs in Harefield, Hertfordshire (UK). They have been in the wrap business for 18 years. I'm very, very happy with the end result. If you are a UK Mach-e owner, you can contact them on ‭07393 905054‬. Ask for Costa. Alternatively you can e-mail them on [email protected].

Their charge excluding materials is £100+VAT. They said that they would do it for £160+VAT including the wrap, if you don’t want the hassle of ordering it separately from the USA for £70+£15 shipping.

If you really want the panels and badge taken off, so that they can get an even better wrap, then add £150+VAT labour for the considerably extra hassle involved! I didn’t think it was necessary as the finished job looked perfect to my eyes.

Mach-e Grill Wrap.jpg

IMG_7839.jpeg

IMG_7836.jpeg

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I used King Wrap Customs in Harefield, Hertfordshire (UK). They have been in the wrap business for 18 years. I'm very, very happy with the end result. If you are a UK Mach-e owner, you can contact them on ‭07393 905054‬. Ask for Costa. Alternatively you can e-mail them on [email protected].

Their charge excluding materials is ÂŁ100+VAT. They said that they would do it for ÂŁ160+VAT including the wrap

If you really want the panels and badge taken off, so that they can get an even better wrap, then add ÂŁ150+VAT labour for the considerably extra hassle involved!
Damn that VAT

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Question. On using these body wrap products. How long is the wear life? And where it terminates, end cut, does it start to peel back eventually? I really dont know anything about the product. But it sure does look good.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Had the vinyl grill installed and asked the guy do the bottom front spoiler in gloss black. I think it came out great.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Grill and spoiler Vinyl wrapped IMG_7836
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Grill and spoiler Vinyl wrapped IMG_7836
That does look nice alright. Question about the wrap. How does it compare to paint protection film (PPF) in preventing rock chips? That's what I've got planned for the MME on order. It's worked well on our Volt for 6 years now and the MY.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Why not paint it, with that piano black paint. Ya think? Or not. Wonder how they would do the sensors
Here is why I would not paint it if that was my Car.....Resale value, Paint cost may not be that much bc of a smaller foot print but cannot be changed if you didn't like the color match....

Wrapping is popular is more cost effective and easily change anytime with minimal effort......

IMHO

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Here is why I would not paint it if that was my Car.....Resale value, Paint cost may not be that much bc of a smaller foot print but cannot be changed if you didn't like the color match....

Wrapping is popular is more cost effective and easily change anytime with minimal effort......

IMHO
Plus paint will chip unless there's ppf on the frontal surfaces.
Sponsored