Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I bought the Craig's custom bracket, the PPF folks removed the stock license plate frame. As soon as I put my new license plate on with that bracket, the front radar sensor started freaking out. Messages about something in front of the car, beeping, and picture of the car with red in front. It does give you a PA button that will disable the front sensor until the next time you start the car. I am planning to put the stock license plate holder back on, I just need to determine the best way to fasten it back in place, as the original fasteners were cut. I am debating between sheet metal screws and some sort of plastic fastener, but not sure exactly what kind of plastic fastener would work. I don't really want to use sheet metal screws and risk bending the sheet metal. Any thoughts on what kind of plastic fastener to use?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Interesting. I'll try with a metal license plate to see if I also see the same behavior.

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
I put the same craig bracket on and zero issues with radar on my car so far. You dont have the plate covering the black panels do you? Should be facing up.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I bought the Craig's custom bracket, the PPF folks removed the stock license plate frame. As soon as I put my new license plate on with that bracket, the front radar sensor started freaking out. Messages about something in front of the car, beeping, and picture of the car with red in front. It does give you a PA button that will disable the front sensor until the next time you start the car. I am planning to put the stock license plate holder back on, I just need to determine the best way to fasten it back in place, as the original fasteners were cut. I am debating between sheet metal screws and some sort of plastic fastener, but not sure exactly what kind of plastic fastener would work. I don't really want to use sheet metal screws and risk bending the sheet metal. Any thoughts on what kind of plastic fastener to use?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/craigs-front-plate-mount-causing-issues.4643/

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I put the same craig bracket on and zero issues with radar on my car so far. You dont have the plate covering the black panels do you? Should be facing up.
The plate partially covers the middle black panel. It is a metal plate, not a paper temporary. It is facing up. Craig says to put it on one side or the other. I already had PPF left off where the bracket it attached. I would have to stick it on PPF and get another piece of double sided tape to do that.

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
Looks like my install and no issues to date. Only driven with a plate a few times but will advise if I have any issues but again so far so good..

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here is my install and I did have some issues with the parking sensors until I taped down the bottom center of the temp paper plate so it didn’t flip around.

I have not yet tested with a regular issue metal plate.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets 87400D47-9542-4062-B2E6-EFC54A99807E

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets 47E3D9F3-22D7-4F30-BF51-6720B834A274

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I put on a metal plate to test it out... same height as the paper plate I put on. Drove it around and didn't experience any issues. Pulled up close to my garage and the parking sensors didn't kick in until I got close to the door.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets IMG_1688

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I put on a metal plate to test it out... same height as the paper plate I put on. Drove it around and didn't experience any issues. Pulled up close to my garage and the parking sensors didn't kick in until I got close to the door.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets IMG_1688
Thank you for checking.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Here is my install and I did have some issues with the parking sensors until I taped down the bottom center of the temp paper plate so it didn’t flip around.

I have not yet tested with a regular issue metal plate.

87400D47-9542-4062-B2E6-EFC54A99807E.jpeg

47E3D9F3-22D7-4F30-BF51-6720B834A274.jpeg
As you are in CA you can legally use these so not have to worry about anything hanging down blocking anything. Or having holes drilled in your bumpers (take note stupid idiots at Ford for mounting the bracket at the factory on CA cars) or worry about get fixit tickets for not having a plate on the front.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
As you are in CA you can legally use these so not have to worry about anything hanging down blocking anything. Or having holes drilled in your bumpers (take note stupid idiots at Ford for mounting the bracket at the factory on CA cars) or worry about get fixit tickets for not having a plate on the front.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/
I considered the license plate wraps for a while, but wasn't sold on the look relative to the Mach-E and the bumper holes/plugs...

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I have the original plate holder back in place - sort of - need better screws - slight larger than 1/4" and plastic. Its on there but not tight enough. My DIY efforts have been not working well lately.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I sent a comment/request to Craig on his website to ask if it would be possible to make a Mach-e specific bracket 1-2" taller to hide the bumper plugs. Hopefully it will be possible and will also solve the issue of blocking the sensor.

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I sent a comment/request to Craig on his website to ask if it would be possible to make a Mach-e specific bracket 1-2" taller to hide the bumper plugs. Hopefully it will be possible and will also solve the issue of blocking the sensor.
Good luck with that. My replies from him were not very encouraging.
Sponsored