MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Driving in the winter snow recently on a dual carriageway, a HGV going the other way sent some hard packed snow across the central barrier. The snow damaged my front ‘black’ panel as you can see in the attached photo. Does anyone know the part number? Hoping to replace the panel myself, has anyone got any info/procedure/guide to help me? Thanks in advance.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front panel damage - A0108B0A-F4F2-44DE-BE1E-D29DE91D8BEC
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Pretty sure you'll have to recalibrate the sensors or whatever it is called, too. Might be tricky to do. Here in the states, comprehensive coverage usually covers that kind of damage and has a lower deductible.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Here in the states, comprehensive coverage usually covers that kind of damage and has a lower deductible.
Lower deductible than what? Don't you choose your own deductibles on most insurance policies?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Lower deductible than what? Don't you choose your own deductibles on most insurance policies?
Yes, but if you put any thought into it, you should select a lower comp deductible than collision. Having the lowest comp deductible is a very negligible difference to your premium and very worth doing. Collision is hundreds of dollars going from $250 to, say, $1,000.

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Driving in the winter snow recently on a dual carriageway, a HGV going the other way sent some hard packed snow across the central barrier. The snow damaged my front ‘black’ panel as you can see in the attached photo. Does anyone know the part number? Hoping to replace the panel myself, has anyone got any info/procedure/guide to help me? Thanks in advance.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front panel damage - A0108B0A-F4F2-44DE-BE1E-D29DE91D8BEC
Got backed into that same area. It was a truck, so it also caused some damage up higher along with the headlight. 9K was the total to fix from the auto body shop.

Steve

OP
OP
MikeC

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Pretty sure you'll have to recalibrate the sensors or whatever it is called, too. Might be tricky to do. Here in the states, comprehensive coverage usually covers that kind of damage and has a lower deductible.
If the sensors are positioned in the same place, orientation and angle they should be ok.

Here in the U.K., my Comprehensive Insurance does cover accidental damage but I would have to pay the voluntary excess (£250) + the compulsory excess (£150). Is the voluntary excess the same as lower deductible?

I expect the cost of a new ‘black’ panel will be greater than my total excess (£400), but it would be nice get the price and probably the easiest way to get the PN and cost is to go into my local Ford dealer’s parts department.

OP
OP
MikeC

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Got backed into that same area. It was a truck, so it also caused some damage up higher along with the headlight. 9K was the total to fix from the auto body shop.

Steve
Oh wow, 9k seems pretty steep. I assume they changed the panel above the ‘black’ panel which looks expensive. I’m sure that many body shops add to the price if it is an insurance claim.
Sponsored