zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I assume you printed it on its side? Did you have to add a lot of supports ?
You can see in my post a video with some of the printing. We did print it on its side so not a ton of supports needed.
I'm a total noob. I tried printing on its side but I didn't know how to remove the support marks, sanding didn't produce good results. So I printed it standing up as I figure the support marks on the bottom are better than on the side.
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This would be a great idea that would force them to refine the design (foldable), wait, mine gets built any day now, never mind- I'll take the 4th version (Mache E makes sense with the pony above it.)

Id rather they include it so that we have the option to remove it instead of not including and having to pay extra for those who do

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm a total noob. I tried printing on its side but I didn't know how to remove the support marks, sanding didn't produce good results. So I printed it standing up as I figure the support marks on the bottom are better than on the side.
It's tricky. My wife is more of the expert (she work's for a major 3D printing company), but our first attempt failed because we put in too much support. It was impossible to remove and I ended up breaking the tail and couldn't get the supports off the body.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Reminds me of some of the issues we had casting bronze when I was an undergrad, didn't realize that was training for a future of plastic printing. ?

It's tricky. My wife is more of the expert (she work's for a major 3D printing company), but our first attempt failed because we put in too much support. It was impossible to remove and I ended up breaking the tail and couldn't get the supports off the body.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I passed the job off to my tech savvy cousin who printed it for me, he said he had to do it 3 times to keep adding support and filling in the backside. Not sure what those words mean, but I'm hoping to pick it up from him soon. Then I'm going to paint it iconic silver to match my car.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Visited two preproduction Mach-Es today. No test ride. No swag. No munchies. No outdoor Mach-Es. (Water fell from the sky for the first time in many many months.)

They did have this neat little MME fabric covered pony plaque, though. This should inspire some of you with 3D printers:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images PXL_20201210_180751805

OK, onto the topic of this post. The fruit dividers.

Infinite Blue, assembled 08/10/2020:

Dividers held in place by at least two Torx screws. (I didn't see any others.) The middle panel is flat -- no texture or logo.

Shadow Black (looks great btw, nice color!), assembled 10/6/2020:

Dividers fastened in place by 8 plastic push pins. Four shown here, and the other four on the other longitudinal divider.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images PXL_20201210_182328098

All divider pieces have some raised horizontal lines. The center divider also has a Mach-E logo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images PXL_20201210_182322535.MP