trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I keep hearing from the Mach E Tour guides that the Frunk divider is only in the prototypes. We've heard from other sources the Frunk divider is just to keep from locking someone in the Frunk. Is there something they aren't telling us about the Mach E Tour guides? ? ?☠
The supplier's call is Monday next week. Trying again to get the final call on the grey steering wheel, the frunk divider, and if any leftover red break calipers:).
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I keep hearing from the Mach E Tour guides that the Frunk divider is only in the prototypes. We've heard from other sources the Frunk divider is just to keep from locking someone in the Frunk. Is there something they aren't telling us about the Mach E Tour guides? ? ?☠
They said the Mach-E was influenced heavily by customers. Maybe there were some issues when that frunk was tested...

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
KBB shared what looks like the fourth revision of the frunk.

Here's the history as best as I can recall it:
  1. November 2019: Original frunk was larger (front shelf wasn't there or was smaller), and sans dividers.
  2. June 2020: Dividers introduced on rendered imagery on the Ford site, just days before orders opened. The dividers included a masked out pony on the center piece.
  3. Late July 2020 until now: Preproduction prototypes seen in Europe and in North America with dividers held into place using 2-4 fasteners, sometimes metal Torx screws, sometimes plastic clips.
  4. November 13, 2020: Car being reviewed by Kelley Blue Book and probably others has Mach-E logo stenciled into center piece instead of large pony mask out. Lots of horizontal lines. Fasteners look large and plastic. Perhaps they are thumb screws or push-pull knobs? Or they might be the simple clips we saw on European tours.
Thoughts? I'm hoping I'm right about the toolless release/reinstall on this new design, but most likely these are simply plastic clips.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images 125213979_1303585776642997_330381070571785014_n

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images 124844006_157252256080225_5657453331195096138_n

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
At this point I’d prefer they don’t come with the car at all as seems to be speculated at various tour events. After seeing the pictures @ChasingCoral took with the somewhat too large grocery bag, they aren’t suitable for their best purpose — preventing bags from rolling around. In fact, I’ll go a bit further and say they make the Frunk fairly useless for holding pretty much anything other than our marbles. And those would roll around anyway.

If they’re on the production models and diminish the usefulness of a really great storage area, I’ll remove them and put them in storage in the garage, never to be seen again.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
KBB shared what looks like the fourth revision of the frunk.

Here's the history as best as I can recall it:
  1. November 2019: Original frunk was larger (front shelf wasn't there or was smaller), and sans dividers.
  2. June 2020: Dividers introduced on rendered imagery on the Ford site, just days before orders opened. The dividers included a masked out pony on the center piece.
  3. Late July 2020 until now: Preproduction prototypes seen in Europe and in North America with dividers held into place using 2-4 fasteners, sometimes metal Torx screws, sometimes plastic clips.
  4. November 13, 2020: Car being reviewed by Kelley Blue Book and probably others has Mach-E logo stenciled into center piece instead of large pony mask out. Lots of horizontal lines. Fasteners look large and plastic. Perhaps they are thumb screws or push-pull knobs? Or they might be the simple clips we saw on European tours.
Thoughts? I'm hoping I'm right about the toolless release/reinstall on this new design, but most likely these are simply plastic clips.
Fifth Edition:
Easily removable by hand with pop-pins and folds to sit in the frunk or rear-storage under floor. Pony cut-out returns. Trade-off is Sirius-XM now only plays Kenny Rogers channel.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Fifth Edition:
Easily removable by hand with pop-pins and folds to sit in the frunk or rear-storage under floor. Pony cut-out returns. Trade-off is Sirius-XM now only plays Kenny Rogers channel.
Id rather they include it so that we have the option to remove it instead of not including and having to pay extra for those who do

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Trade-off is Sirius-XM now only plays Kenny Rogers channel.
Kenny Rogers and the First Edition Channel? I ordered a premium, I won't be able to get a First Edition Channel. Then again, I can't get Sirius XM anyway no matter what.

Yeah, I'm old enough to be aware there was such a group. :p

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Fifth Edition:
Kenny Rogers channel? Seriously? Ok, that’s the deal-breaker. The Tesla Store is only 2 miles away ?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Its a practical solution for ford to offer it as an accessory so that some of us dont spend time removing it and saves ford a dollar or two or throw it in but not assemble or even better if the make a collapsible frunk divider that can be popped into place if needed

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Kenny Rogers channel? Seriously? Ok, that’s the deal-breaker. The Tesla Store is only 2 miles away ?
I'm going to make a fortune selling my "death before kenny rogers" t-shirts!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm going to make a fortune selling my "death before kenny rogers" t-shirts!
?you gotta know when to hold'em
know when to fold'em
know when to buy the shirt
know when to run?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
?you gotta know when to hold'em
know when to fold'em
know when to buy the shirt
know when to run?
?you never count your shrimp
when they're sitting in the frunk
they'll be time enough for countin'
when the chargin' done?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Still no pony cutouts like we saw in the first rendering but @OutofSpecKyle's walkaround
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...eo-mach-e-first-edition-in-grabber-blue.2161/
confirms the divider is boldly emblazoned with Mach E just like we saw in the KBB pictures above.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front trunk (frunk) organizer / divider / storage system shown in images Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 6.05.54 PM

It certainly looks better than the ones at the Mach E Tour stops that looked like they'd been 3D printed.
It's incredibly likely what you saw was in fact 3D printed
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ed-manufacturing-center-redford-michigan.html

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag