Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I am still trying to come to terms with not having a compact disk player any more....?
I have thought about this myself just recently. I have CD/DVD drive with USB-C cable for use with my laptop. I'm wondering if that would be a good option to play CDs in an MME.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I have thought about this myself just recently. I have CD/DVD drive with USB-C cable for use with my laptop. I'm wondering if that would be a good option to play CDs in an MME.
I'm thinking you might have a problem with drivers

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
No kidding....
I thought that front compartment was huge. But this comes from a guy who daily drives a FFE. Ever see the rear cargo compartment in those things? :)
Yup. We have a FFE too, and don’t take it on trips because of the tiny trunk space.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No kidding....
I thought that front compartment was huge. But this comes from a guy who daily drives a FFE. Ever see the rear cargo compartment in those things? :)
or the trunk in a Fusion Energi? (It's the only major issue with the car, but I knew it going in :) )

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Convert your CD's to files and put them on your phone or a thumbdrive. Ubuntu has the software to convert it available for free, as long as you tell it to install the unlicensed bits. I'm sure other distros do, too. I broke down and paid $50 for macX DVD ripper pro a couple of years ago and converted all my DVDs to MP4s that are now on a microSD in my fire tablet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You have a VIN for your MME???
I mean that's all you need to run the setup of your car on the FordPass app.

I wish I had either a build week or my VIN!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Convert your CD's to files and put them on your phone or a thumbdrive. Ubuntu has the software to convert it available for free, as long as you tell it to install the unlicensed bits. I'm sure other distros do, too. I broke down and paid $50 for macX DVD ripper pro a couple of years ago and converted all my DVDs to MP4s that are now on a microSD in my fire tablet.
I did convert all of my CDs by way of iTunes assimilation, and have them on an old iPOD, but my wife sometimes comes up with some CD that she wants to play at the last moment. My Clarity only has USB-A, but I may use a converter and try it there while I am waiting for my MME.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I ditched the whole owning music model some time ago and have a Spotify family account. Bluetooth streaming is the way to go for me. Only problem I run into is finding music I like anymore. I've gotten to the age where I don't like modern music and I'm tired of listening to the same stuff from years back over and over.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I ditched the whole owning music model some time ago and have a Spotify family account. Bluetooth streaming is the way to go for me. Only problem I run into is finding music I like anymore. I've gotten to the age where I don't like modern music and I'm tired of listening to the same stuff from years back over and over.
I did the same but with Apple Music. I find the only time I listen to music now is when I am working out or otherwise exercising. I seldom sit and just listen to music or get excited about new music like I did in my younger days.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I mean that's all you need to run the setup of your car on the FordPass app.

I wish I had either a build week or my VIN!
How did you get into setup without a VIN? That’s the first thing FordPass asks for!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
How did you get into setup without a VIN? That’s the first thing FordPass asks for!
I didn't! I'm waiting for a VIN as well.
Sponsored