tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I have both usb type A and USB Type C cables, both of the ports feel loose. The cables don't seem to be working in the front ports, but when I plug it in in the back ports they both work perfectly. My Iphone does have wireless carplay, and I usually use that. However, when I'm charging I like to plug in my android (no wireless android auto) to watch pluto tv on the big screen.
Tonight tried to plug in using both Type A and Type C ports, both failed.

I had noticed it a while back when I bought an apple type c to lighting cable, it started to act strange, and car play wouldn't stay connected. I figured it was just the cable.
I also tried type a to lighting, and it also stopped working, it was a cheap cable, I just assumed it died.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Totally possible. Covered under warranty.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have both usb type A and USB Type C cables, both of the ports feel loose. The cables don't seem to be working in the front ports, but when I plug it in in the back ports they both work perfectly. My Iphone does have wireless carplay, and I usually use that. However, when I'm charging I like to plug in my android (no wireless android auto) to watch pluto tv on the big screen.

I had noticed it a while back when I bought an apple type c to lighting cable, it started to act strange, and car play wouldn't stay connected. I figured it was just the cable.
I also tried type a to lighting, and it also stopped working, it was a cheap cable, I just assumed it died.
Hi there, Tom! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

MustangJim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
Were you able to get a resolution for this? I am having the same issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Were you able to get a resolution for this? I am having the same issue.
Hi there, James! I can look into your Mach-E's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?

ColoradoMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
My front USB—A stopped working. I see an error message on the screen when I connect.

em5quare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Premium ER
Country flag
Hi there, James! I can look into your Mach-E's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?
I seem to have the same problem. Both front USB ports work only intermittently - each time I start the car they will either work or won’t. Doesn’t appear that they go from OK to bad while driving. Very annoying.

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Both my USB ports under the dash work for power, but not for data such as music recorded directly to a usb drive. Will start to play then the sound stops but you can see from the display that the track is still playing. Has anyone heard from Ford about this or had a dealer replace the usb ports under warranty?

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have used a thumbdrive with music on it to play music via theUSB type A connection. After the 4.1.2 OTA that no longer works. When I tap on the icon not it try’s to connect to my iPhone. Is this a new “feature” that Ford has given us.?

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Didn't have this happen to my Mach E, but my 2017 Colorado had to have the USB port replaced under warrenty

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I mentioned before, my ports were acting strange and I figured it was a bad thumb drive. Reformatted it and it worked fine . . . until it showed up again the other day. I put it on my list of problems/gremlins I had been experiencing when I was able to get the car into the dealer after a 3 week wait. They couldn't replicate the problem and nothing was done as a result. USB ports are cheap but not if they don't work.

AndyR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X
Country flag
Looking for solutions, I just had my front USBs lose power. I did see a USB not recognized warning on the screen and now nothing.

Did anyone have success getting it replaced at the dealer?

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Looking for solutions, I just had my front USBs lose power. I did see a USB not recognized warning on the screen and now nothing.

Did anyone have success getting it replaced at the dealer?
Try rebooting the Sync system that seems to work.

CalGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premuim AWD; 2020 Mazda Miata,
Country flag

I’m having the exact same problem! (USB w/lightning cord to iPhone). First the front one didn’t work, so I plugged it into the back, and now the back one stopped working, so I plugged it into the front and it worked for a while, but then some thing on the screen said the device is incompatible. Very frustrating.
Sponsored