Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium SR LFP
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
I’ve had my MME LFP for about a week and a half now and I’m loving almost everything about it, except… the center screen seems to pretty frequently just be frozen when I start the car up, requiring me to do the manual reset:

This has probably happened 5 or 10 times now, and it’s pretty annoying to have to just press the buttons and wait for ten seconds. For most of the incidents the screen was just black, but for a couple of them it was showing some content but frozen (in one case it was the backup camera, in another case it was some frame in the Ford boot animation).

I see other people have reported having to reboot the screen, but from what I’ve interpreting, I don’t get the sense that it’s happening nearly as frequently for other folks. I don’t know if this is a dealbreaker, but I feel like it shouldn’t have to do this like once a day.
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It has happened to me once or twice in the last 18 months. I have a 22 GT

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
What version of SYNC is shown in Settings > General > About?

I think this was fixed for me in Power-Up 6.2.1. I don't remember what version is shown on the About page for that. Hopefully someone else can post it.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
It happens occasionally to me and just turning the car off and back on again has always fixed it. Actually, that seems to fix most high tech things I've owned😊.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME eAWD Sel, 2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 1949 8N
Country flag
This seems to happen occasionally for Sync 4a AND Sync 4, as our F-150 does it periodically as well. On the F-150 I just restart Sync.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ve had my MME LFP for about a week and a half now and I’m loving almost everything about it, except… the center screen seems to pretty frequently just be frozen when I start the car up, requiring me to do the manual reset:

This has probably happened 5 or 10 times now, and it’s pretty annoying to have to just press the buttons and wait for ten seconds. For most of the incidents the screen was just black, but for a couple of them it was showing some content but frozen (in one case it was the backup camera, in another case it was some frame in the Ford boot animation).

I see other people have reported having to reboot the screen, but from what I’ve interpreting, I don’t get the sense that it’s happening nearly as frequently for other folks. I don’t know if this is a dealbreaker, but I feel like it shouldn’t have to do this like once a day.
Give it some time to see if this works itself out. However, what you are experiencing is not normal. I only have to reboot the screen a few times a year.

OP
OP

Krom2040

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium SR LFP
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
What version of SYNC is shown in Settings > General > About?

I think this was fixed for me in Power-Up 6.2.1. I don't remember what version is shown on the About page for that. Hopefully someone else can post it.
I think I have 6.2.1 based on the updates screen? I’m not 100% how to interpret it!

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
Mine crashes and reboots a ton if I am using apple car play heavily through the USB and doing quick short key on/off cycles, like jump out to get something and jumping back in. It will hang basically every 3rd time and reboot but only in this very explicit use case.

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I’ve had to do this several times over the past few weeks, including this morning. It was never this frequent before, but in the roughly 15 months I’ve owned the car, my number of reboots is in the double digits.

Which is a significant increase over the ZERO times I’ve ever had to reboot a car’s display in my previous 20 years of driving. Great car, junk software.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Happened to me a few times over the last 1.5 years and it has been a while since the last time. Seemed to correlate with two specific locations and / or when Ford was in the middle of starting to push a round of Ota to my car.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I had to have my center screen replaced under warrantee when it froze permanently and even the Sync reboot method wouldn't unfreeze it. It would reboot, but it still froze a second or so into the starting animation. Sounds like yours isn't as bad off as that was, but it could still be something wrong with the display. I haven't had to reboot it even once in the several months since the screen was replaced.

'23 NCM standard range Premium

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Last spring my screen started freezing frequently (a few times per week) on start up. The primary downside was that the backup camera did not show up then, which made backing out of my garage a PITA. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a bad APIM. They replaced it under warranty and ever since June I have not had it freeze once.

If you are seeing screen freezing, that's not normal. I suspect more people are having undiagnosed APIM issues, and just accept it as a SW bug.
Sponsored