Frunk Closing Solution

Billycheezsteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended
Country flag
I often come across complaints on how troublesome it is closing the frunk on the Mach-E and thought this “solution” deserved a post on its own. I might be mistaken but I believe this is easily solved by giving the hood bumper stops on the inside (both sides) a few spins to lower the contact point. I attached a photo below to illustrate where/what I’m referring to. My hood slamming issue has been nonexistent since making this minor adjustmunt so hopefully this helps some of you. There’s probably a good reason it’s left high but failing to slam the hood down hard enough gets old real quick for someone like me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Closing Solution 81C1A6BB-43D7-4F24-8D91-2BCFA8FAC349
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
This has been discussed before and for many people (me included) those two stoppers did nothing to solve the problem. There are two other stoppers closer to the center of the hood, which cannot be adjusted, they might be the culprits. It also possible that none of those stoppers contribute to the problem.

dgipson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Any further solutions here? I can't use my FRUNK because it flat out doesn't close. No amount of slamming it will close it, I have to put hands on hood and press down HARD to close it. It will only close if I press hard enough to see the metal of the hood flex. If I were to do this 100 times, I guarantee I would have a dent in the hood at the end of the day. I need a solution or I can't use the hood.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any further solutions here? I can't use my FRUNK because it flat out doesn't close. No amount of slamming it will close it, I have to put hands on hood and press down HARD to close it. It will only close if I press hard enough to see the metal of the hood flex. If I were to do this 100 times, I guarantee I would have a dent in the hood at the end of the day. I need a solution or I can't use the hood.
I wonder if they fixed it in later builds mine was built June 26 and i never had any issue closing the frunk works like a regular hood closes. Very easy.

• Wow
Reactions: Nav

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My biggest issue is getting handprints on the hood, but I think even the ability to gently close the hood won’t fix that.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Wow, seems hit and miss, all over the place! From later builds not having an ounce of trouble, to adjusting the bump stops helping, to nothing at all helps and still have to slam it shut.

Unfortunately I'm in the last category. Amazing to hear that some are able to close it just fine now. Just one of those things I've learned to live with.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
When I was in the process of looking at the Mach e at the dealership, the sales person had to slam the frunk twice then completely reopen it and S L A M it down as hard as she could to get it to latch. She then went to show me the charging port and had to slam it three times also ! WTF !

And yet I still ordered one 4 months ago...and have heard nothing !

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When I was in the process of looking at the Mach e at the dealership, the sales person had to slam the frunk twice then completely reopen it and S L A M it down as hard as she could to get it to latch. She then went to show me the charging port and had to slam it three times also ! WTF !

And yet I still ordered one 4 months ago...and have heard nothing !
She slammed the charging port? I would not recommend that.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I dialed down those two bumpers the OP talked about and haven't had a lick of trouble closing it since.
Can you measure how big the gap is for you? Between the plastic cover and the bottom of the bumper? I’m curious what yours are set at if it works now.

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
My frunk was hard to close and adjusting the rubber stops didn't help. I added some plastic spacers under the part of the latch mechanism on the lid. They are about 1/8" thick. This helped.

Then I read of owners using a different technique to close the frunk. Rather than slamming it they were bringing it down slowly then pressing with two hands on the lid right over where the latch is located. Doing this I'm now satisfied with the closing of the frunk. The modified technique may have made the larger improvement, but its good now so I'm not going to remove the spacers.

20210824_104440_resized.jpg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My frunk was hard to close and adjusting the rubber stops didn't help. I added some plastic spacers under the part of the latch mechanism on the lid. They are about 1/8" thick. This helped.

Then I read of owners using a different technique to close the frunk. Rather than slamming it they were bringing it down slowly then pressing with two hands on the lid right over where the latch is located. Doing this I'm now satisfied with the closing of the frunk. The modified technique may have made the larger improvement, but its good now so I'm not going to remove the spacers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Closing Solution 20210824_104440_resized
The two handed method is what I use. Works well.

joymyr

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e FE
Occupation
App-developer (Consultant)
Country flag
The two handed method is what I use. Works well.
I use one-handed slamming, and it works every time. I think the key is to keep it perfectly horizontal when closing, and this is easier with just one hand in the front center of the lid.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I use one-handed slamming, and it works every time. I think the key is to keep it perfectly horizontal when closing, and this is easier with just one hand in the front center of the lid.
I was doing this also, but as a friend and also Mach E owner pointed out, it doesn't sound good, meaning it sounds like you're going to damage something. So I now let it go down slowly and with one hand along each hood bump I push it, and it closes every time.
Sponsored