Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So our 20 year old daughter got married yesterday and it was 92 degrees here in Destin Florida.

We had all the Coolers full of the Dinner and Appetizer platters, other drinks, and desserts completely full.

No place to chill the 14 Sparkling Cider bottles, 6 1!2 gallons of Tropicana Lemonade, and 3 gallons of Milos Iced Tea from 3pm until speech's after dinner at 730, I thought of the Front trunk in the MachE.

I hastily removed the divider, broke one of the push clips, lined it with some flooring Foil backed pad with a hole over the Drain port in the Mach E.

I put the bottles in and 6 pounds of ice over everything and when the time came, pulled the MachE up to the unloading area, and the staff wiped off each bottle, and set them on the tables! Success!

Video at serving time!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Cools Daughters Wedding  Champagne IMG_20210801_151229

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Cools Daughters Wedding  Champagne IMG_20210801_151231

Last edited:

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
So our 20 year old daughter got married yesterday and it was 92 degrees here in Destin Florida.

We had the all the Coolers full of the Dinner and Appetizer platters, other drinks, and desserts completely full.

No place to chill the 14 Sparkling Cider bottles from 3pm until speech's after dinner at 730, I thought of the Front trunk in the MachE.

I hastily removed the divider, broke one of the push clips, lined it with some flooring Foil backed pad with a hole over the Drain port in the Mach E.

I put the bottles in and 6 pounds of ice over everything and when the time came, pulled the MachE up to the unloading area, and the staff wiped off each bottle, and set them on the tables! Success!

Video at serving time!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Cools Daughters Wedding  Champagne IMG_20210801_151231

Awesome

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Milos, pretty good stuff.

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Milos, pretty good stuff.
Yeah we take it for granted here but I had no idea that it was such a huge hit from our California visitors as well!!!!

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Cool, is this space actually insulated to be a cooler? I was wondering as we do road trips in my truck and always carry a large cooler in the back with snacks and drinks.

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Cool, is this space actually insulated to be a cooler? I was wondering as we do road trips in my truck and always carry a large cooler in the back with snacks and drinks.
I don't know, but I put foil faced foam floor insulation in and 5 hours later 90% of the ice was still in there.

We checked it hourly from 3pm. After the first 2 hours such a small amount of ice had melted, didn't check it again until 830pm Toasts!

Vamarine

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT Professional / Lawyer
Country flag
I don't know, but I put foil faced foam floor insulation in and 5 hours later 90% of the ice was still in there.

We checked it hourly from 3pm. After the first 2 hours such a small amount of ice had melted, didn't check it again until 830pm Toasts!
Do you have a link to the foil you used?

Tailgating tomorrow and thinking this is a better option than dragging a cooler..
Sponsored