Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For the first time, the electronic frunk release is working on my 2021 Job 1 (First Edition) Mach E. PowerUp 3.5.4.2 is most recent one applied. I don't know when the module update snuck in -- perhaps during the 20,000 mile service back in October?

Still no release button on FordPass or the Sync 4A screen. The only way to open it is by using the B-pillar door code followed by the 7-8 button.

OK all you Job 1 owners (including @Jimrpa), 3-2-1 run out to try it (oh, I guess many of you already did before reading this far).
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm guessing you brought your car in for service sometime between August and now.

If any service concerns involve updating the body control module then the technician should also be updating the front trunk release module as there is a dependency between them. (SSM 51044 and TSB 22-2446)

An example of a customer stated concern would be that your doors don't reliably open when you push the outside buttons. Or that the alarm sometimes goes off when you open an unlocked door. (SSM 49676)

As I've already reported, mine works, too, because of the door open concern that I reported to my dealer.

The door open reliability is improved but still not 100%. And as side effects of the technician's efforts, that b-pillar keypad is significantly dimmer than before (yours is still bright), and the front trunk can electronically open.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm guessing you brought your car in for service sometime between August and now.

If any service concerns involve updating the body control module then the technician should also be updating the front trunk release module as there is a dependency between them. (SSM 51044 and TSB 22-2446)

An example of a customer stated concern would be that your doors don't reliably open when you push the outside buttons. Or that the alarm sometimes goes off when you open an unlocked door. (SSM 49676)

As I've already reported, mine works, too, because of the door open concern that I reported to my dealer.

The doors still don't open reliably but they're better than before and a side effect of the attempted fix is the front trunk can electronically open.
The 20,000 mile service was back in October:
  • Rotate tires, fluid top up, 27 point inspection etc.
  • Recall 22B10 to get a second fob
  • Performed TSB 22-2226 (not sure why they did this)
  • 12v battery warning was coming on:
    • tested 12v battery (fine)
    • performed SSM 50846 to reprogram RFA
    • performed SSM 50497 to clear CMR, reprogram GSM
    • also reprogrammed BCM, BECM, SOBDB, SOBDMC, PCM, TCM, DDM, PDM

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work on my car. My car is on PowerUp 4.1.2.
I think you’re going to have to have had the car in for service in the past few months for this hidden update to have been performed. The rest of us get to wait. :)

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Lol. Mine works, too. This is actually pretty handy. Even if FordPass and infotainment access are eventually enabled, the keypad will probably be the faster/handier method. Thanks for the tip.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Well, I took my car in for service in November. Does anyone think either Service Unknown or Service Unknown might have done it? 😀
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk opens electronically: 2021 Job 1 First Edition Mach E 5EE3A88B-6D33-4F6F-9C11-0AF68F702D73

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well, I took my car in for service in November. Does anyone think either Service Unknown or Service Unknown might have done it? 😀
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk opens electronically: 2021 Job 1 First Edition Mach E 5EE3A88B-6D33-4F6F-9C11-0AF68F702D73
Yeah those records are completely useless. Mine lists several things I didn't ask for and that were definitely not performed: shocks and struts, HVAC, scheduled maintenance.

The only accurate parts are the Unknown entries. 🤣

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Just for completeness, I did just try the 7/8 pillar code and of course, nothing happened. Oddly though, when I walked away from the car, it made a series of clicking noises, like the doors were locking and unlocking. Note that I did NOT have either a fob or my phone with me.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just for completeness, I did just try the 7/8 pillar code and of course, nothing happened. Oddly though, when I walked away from the car, it made a series of clicking noises, like the doors were locking and unlocking. Note that I did NOT have either a fob or my phone with me.
The clicking noises have always been there. I even experienced that on a 2020 Escape Hybrid when the key was nowhere nearby.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
This works on my 2021 Premium Job 1. I haven't received any OTA updates in many months, but had it in to the dealer in early November and they performed 21P22 and 22S41 updates.
Sponsored