Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anyone's frunk gotten stuck after the using PAAK? Normally the motor clicks twice than releases the frunk. This time it only clicked once and became stuck on the first latch. This happened two weeks ago, the service deportment had me press the frunk button on my phone, while two other people were simultaneously pulling the manual latch and pressing down on the hood. The frunk eventually opened, but I'm having the same issue again this week. Appointment is scheduled for Friday and I'm having no luck researching online.
Does the manual release inside the car work?

OP
OP
DarkMatter89

DarkMatter89

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium ext range
Country flag
Does the manual release inside the car work?
No.. it just pulls without any weight sensation. The keypad would normally open it also after the number 8 is pressed twice. The only thing you can hear is the gear trying to unlock it, with the app saying it's open. Same sound from the infotainment FRUNK screen.

OP
OP
DarkMatter89

DarkMatter89

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Should be picking up Ebony tomorrow, I'll see what the diagnosis was so I can post it.

OP
OP
DarkMatter89

DarkMatter89

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally picked up Ebony after 7 days. They didn't order the piece until Monday, didn't arrive until Thursday. Here's a picture of the invoice. They had to replace the hood latch assembly.

20220428_223850.jpg

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Finally picked up Ebony after 7 days. They didn't order the piece until Monday, didn't arrive until Thursday. Here's a picture of the invoice. They had to replace the hood latch assembly.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk stuck on first latch (used PAAK) final Update 20220428_223850
I'm in the same boat. Went to open mine today. Now I have to make a 30 minute drive home with my drunk stuck in the partially open position. Was so hoping it was just frozen

OP
OP
DarkMatter89

DarkMatter89

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. Went to open mine today. Now I have to make a 30 minute drive home with my drunk stuck in the partially open position. Was so hoping it was just frozen
It happened to me again .. parts on order slated for January 16th. 🥲🥲🥲

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So I just had this happen to me yesterday. Frunk stuck with first latch open, but secondary latch wouldn't unlatch. Frunk wouldn't close either.

I was alone so couldn't do the latch pull while I manipulated the frunk at the same time -- but, at some point, I pushed on the frunk and it latched fully closed. hitting the normal frunk releases after this have had it not fail again.

I gotta consider whether it's worth trying to get the dealer to replace stuff now, without showing them the issue, or if I just see if this repeats / gets worse.

Did folks take their car in with the latch messed up, or are dealers sorta believing you even if the situation is intermittent?

NotGreen75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CA RT1 AWD
Country flag
You’re lucky to have gotten it working again! Mine was stuck and despite lots of attempts to open/close (we tried everything…) it wouldn’t.

Long story short the parts were on back order so it was at the dealership 3 weeks just sitting in the lot after they used air wedges to break it open. So if yours is working I’d be careful and try to avoid having to take it in.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We got the frunk closed after much drama, so I was able to drive to work. I've got to make an appointment for them to do some part orderin'

BenW1976

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD Premium
Country flag
I have noticed now in my 2nd winter with my Mach-E that it seems to happen only when it’s really cold outside. Pops on 1st and never completes. Will push the Info frunk release over and over again until finally pops the rest of the way. Sometimes it’s a minute and others it’s more than 5 minutes. So frustrating. But other than getting the release replaced no one else has seen a fix?

OP
OP
DarkMatter89

DarkMatter89

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, for now on I'm only using the manual latch.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have noticed now in my 2nd winter with my Mach-E that it seems to happen only when it’s really cold outside. Pops on 1st and never completes. Will push the Info frunk release over and over again until finally pops the rest of the way. Sometimes it’s a minute and others it’s more than 5 minutes. So frustrating. But other than getting the release replaced no one else has seen a fix?
Hmmmm. I think both times this occurred with me, it was indeed first thing in the morning when the car hadn't been driven during the wintertime ..... however I wouldn't call where I live really cold, we're talking 40s to 50s and the car was in the garage both times overnight.
Sponsored