Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was doing a little planning for my addition of battery jump points in the frunk so I had to remove my frunk tub today. Nekked Mach-E! ??
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Tub Removed [Pics] 900E6307-18BE-478F-A3CD-FE9569502DFE

Oh noticed that there was this odd flag of masking tape on one of the hoses too. ?‍♂?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Tub Removed [Pics] 4F719D5F-599B-4CB3-95D9-CF904B5DECA3

Last edited:
OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
LOL I think the Brand T parts substitution is just a little bit worse. They didn't even bother to deburr or seal the end grain on those. ??

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The white masking tape is to hold the harnesses together during assembly, that can be removed if you see leftovers that were missed.

FYI Ford recommends using a ring terminal on the + post and using an unused ground hole on the side of the strut tower if you are adding 12V accessories.

Breeves002 and me know what everything under the hood is and does so if you have questions about what you see feel free.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
The white masking tape is to hold the harnesses together during assembly, that can be removed if you see leftovers that were missed.

FYI Ford recommends using a ring terminal on the + post and using an unused ground hole on the side of the strut tower if you are adding 12V accessories.

Breeves002 and me know what everything under the hood is and does so if you have questions about what you see feel free.
Are you guys Ford techs? You guys have such great feedback.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Here's a picture of a GT vs your GTPE. Anyone spot any differences? I wouldn't expect any...just curious.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Frunk Tub Removed [Pics] 1638750553889

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There were a couple of other flags of masking tape that were smaller too. I just thought they were funny. I'll probably remove them when I take the tub back out and start on my jump post installation. ??

I saw several ground points on the strut tower and those are what I was planning on using. I probably have to take out the 12V in order to access those screws since they are buried beside the 12V. ?‍♂?

Here's a picture of a GT vs your GTPE. Anyone spot any differences? I wouldn't expect any...just curious.

To the nekkid eye, fewer loose flags of masking tape! LOL! ??

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I was doing a little planning for my addition of battery jump points in the frunk so I had to remove my frunk tub today. Necked Mach-E! ??

Oh noticed that there was this odd flag of masking tape on one of the hoses too. ?‍♂?
There was a thread about adding access ports to the jump points that should have been there to begin with, particularly when the plastic cover already has a + and - molded into it in the exact locations where these ports should be.

These are not my images, and I'll try to find the original post but I did have the saved locally along with a stencil to guide the port placement. With that said though, there is no need to remove the frunk or even the panel to do this.

Edited:
Here is the link with stencil and details where I obtained the below pics for this mod:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/guide-better-jump-point-access-battery-access.10976/page-3

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 1.31.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 1.30.34 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 12.50.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 6.28.08 PM.jpg

Screenshot_20211126-173615_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep, but I’m doing something different. I actually met with @DevSecOps yesterday and saw his modded beauty cover. ??

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For getting to the 12V battery?
Quite a vague question so I'll answer all possibilities.

This thread is about how he's removed the tub so he can plan out how to connect a recessed panel that will connect to his 12v battery so that he doesn't have to remove the trim panels to access it. It's a different method than drilling the panel for access

On Saturday I met up with a couple other MME owners in Northern California, including the OP, so that they could use my equipment to update their cars software and modules.

The picture and link a couple posts up are to access the 12v battery jump points.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag

This thread is about how he's removed the tub so he can plan out how to connect a recessed panel that will connect to his 12v battery so that he doesn't have to remove the trim panels to access it. It's a different method than drilling the panel for access

On Saturday I met up with a couple other MME owners in Northern California, including the OP, so that they could use my equipment to update their cars software and modules.

The picture and link a couple posts up are to access the 12v battery jump points.
Sorry. I meant 12v battery access possibillities. You answered it. Thanks. ?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

I'll be doing something similar when I have time in the next few weeks. I want to put in D-rings, and probably #2welding wire with an Anderson connector for a more 'solid' connection for Energy export to a little Inverter.

I'd be very interested in hearing/seeing your opinion on how many amps the 12v + and the dc-dc converter is designed to support.

Also, if you trace down the battery tray cooling inlet hose.... maybe you can Borg in a 'super-chiller' for extending full power ?! A little heat-pump chiller, or ice-bath heat exchanger ?! I would love to see if chilling that inlet temp would extend full power output for a couple more seconds!
Sponsored