Steve S.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium ERB AWD Rapid Red
Country flag
Here's the Owner's Manual direction for closing the Frunk...

Lower the front luggage compartment hood and allow it to drop under its own weight for the last 10–14 in (25–35 cm).

Repeated attempts following these direction failed. Ultimately I sat on the very edge of hood and it caught the second latch thus closing completely. Use care to sit on the far edge otherwise you might leave a dent.

If anyone knows a way to adjust the latch so the hood closes completely under its own weight, please leave a comment. Thanks!
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here's the Owner's Manual direction for closing the Frunk...

Lower the front luggage compartment hood and allow it to drop under its own weight for the last 10–14 in (25–35 cm).

Repeated attempts following these direction failed. Ultimately I sat on the very edge of hood and it caught the second latch thus closing completely. Use care to sit on the far edge otherwise you might leave a dent.

If anyone knows a way to adjust the latch so the hood closes completely under its own weight, please leave a comment. Thanks!
I just experienced it, no it does not close with it's own weight. You have to give it a good push down in the front and it will latch. Took me 30 minutes to figure it out. F*** The manual

Should close like it says but it would not for me after trying 20 times.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My method for closing the frunk which has been quite reliable but prone to fingerprints:

Set the hood down on the latches (dropping doesn't work due to the gas shocks holding it open). Use both hands--need both, one doesn't work--and press just to the outside of the two ridges at your shoulders. Both hands and firmly push.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My method for closing the frunk which has been quite reliable but prone to fingerprints:

Set the hood down on the latches (dropping doesn't work due to the gas shocks holding it open). Use both hands--need both, one doesn't work--and press just to the outside of the two ridges at your shoulders. Both hands and firmly push.
Yup, needs a little force, not so simple like the manual says. If my girlfriend was out with the MME and had to close it you can forget it. It's not easy and something I am sure just impacts a handful of MME's, like all the other issues. I know the dealer tech has to see this, after all they opened and closed many times while working on it. They also lost a clip on the passenger side and didn't bother to replace it.

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The frunk closing has been difficult, even the wife does not dare open it due to not being able to close it. I have found that if I lower the hood to about 14" above closing, hand to the LEFT of center by about 8 inches, and slam it shut, it does not fail me.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The frunk closing has been difficult, even the wife does not dare open it due to not being able to close it. I have found that if I lower the hood to about 14" above closing, hand to the LEFT of center by about 8 inches, and slam it shut, it does not fail me.
I guess I am going to have to try and get used to forcing something new shut.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I had the same trouble closing my frunk initially. Instead of closing it by pushing down on both sides of the latch, I closed it from the center right above the latch and found that it closes easily that way—with one hand even. I was telling my son who owns a Tesla and before I finished, he said to just push down in the middle —and then called me a frunk newbie. I’m a very petite woman with no brute strength, and This works for me.

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I really hate to slam doors and trunks on any of my vehicles, but if you look up on the underside of the hood to the frunk, there is a thick rubber seal that when the frunk is shut, it could make it very air tight. This is what I believe makes it difficult to close, but on the good side, at least I know that whatever I may be carrying in the frunk, it will stay dry for sure!

Colorado Native

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW 530xi, 2005 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Try lowering the two support posts at the front of the compartment. They may be so high they are prohibiting the latch from catching unless the rubber pads are heavily compressed.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Try lowering the two support posts at the front of the compartment. They may be so high they are prohibiting the latch from catching unless the rubber pads are heavily compressed.
Will try tomorrow but I think that’s the best answer we know so far. They are sitting to high.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I checked mines this morning but if I low it the hood will be lower then the fender and I dont want that
Sponsored