Niocail

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Reaching out here to see if anyone's got any advice, cause I'm currently frustrated. I just recently purchased a Mach-E Premium on September 20th. I love the car, and it's been fantastic to drive... when I've been able to drive it. So far that's only been about a week and a half, because it got towed in for service on October 1st, and has been stuck there since.

The problem started after a long-distance trip one night for work, when I stopped at a Chargepoint charger to get some extra charge to make it home. The battery charged to about 66%, then abruptly stopped charging. It was more than sufficient, so I attempted to leave... and promptly got bombarded by errors. Fordpass wasn't showing anything, but the lights for powertrain and battery were both illuminated, and the car was stuck with a "Stop Safely Now" error. I remembered reading online that some models had issues with the 12v battery, jump-started it, and that cleared the errors and I was able to make it home.

However, the next day, the powertrain and battery errors returned. I called the dealership [Fox Ford in Cadillac, MI] to set up an appointment to get it looked at (the car was still driving at this point). However, a couple days later, the car refused to start; no matter what I attempted, it would only boot into accessory mode. I called the dealership again, and they said to have it towed with Ford Roadside Assistance. Tow truck came out, they actually attempted a jump on it themselves, but it still wouldn't start. It got towed to Babb Ford in Reed City (they had to tow to the closer dealership), and... it's basically stuck there since. They diagnosed that two of the battery modules were defective and needed to be replaced, but the modules in question are on back order and have no estimate on when they might arrive.

To be clear, both dealerships have been treating me well. Fox Ford has provided a loaner vehicle while the Mustang has been in service, and Babb Ford has been keeping me updated (although there's been very little to update); Babb Ford recommended I reach out to the Customer Relations Hotline to see if they could expedite things or help out, but that unfortunately has been an exercise in frustration in and of itself; I wound up getting stuck on hold and leaving a message after staying on hold for a while, and when attempting to call them again today, the hotline itself just seemed to break when I called them.

Any thoughts or advice? I'm literally about to start making payments on a vehicle I can't even drive right now, with no idea as to when (or if) it will be fixed.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Reaching out here to see if anyone's got any advice, cause I'm currently frustrated. I just recently purchased a Mach-E Premium on September 20th. I love the car, and it's been fantastic to drive... when I've been able to drive it. So far that's only been about a week and a half, because it got towed in for service on October 1st, and has been stuck there since.

The problem started after a long-distance trip one night for work, when I stopped at a Chargepoint charger to get some extra charge to make it home. The battery charged to about 66%, then abruptly stopped charging. It was more than sufficient, so I attempted to leave... and promptly got bombarded by errors. Fordpass wasn't showing anything, but the lights for powertrain and battery were both illuminated, and the car was stuck with a "Stop Safely Now" error. I remembered reading online that some models had issues with the 12v battery, jump-started it, and that cleared the errors and I was able to make it home.

However, the next day, the powertrain and battery errors returned. I called the dealership [Fox Ford in Cadillac, MI] to set up an appointment to get it looked at (the car was still driving at this point). However, a couple days later, the car refused to start; no matter what I attempted, it would only boot into accessory mode. I called the dealership again, and they said to have it towed with Ford Roadside Assistance. Tow truck came out, they actually attempted a jump on it themselves, but it still wouldn't start. It got towed to Babb Ford in Reed City (they had to tow to the closer dealership), and... it's basically stuck there since. They diagnosed that two of the battery modules were defective and needed to be replaced, but the modules in question are on back order and have no estimate on when they might arrive.

To be clear, both dealerships have been treating me well. Fox Ford has provided a loaner vehicle while the Mustang has been in service, and Babb Ford has been keeping me updated (although there's been very little to update); Babb Ford recommended I reach out to the Customer Relations Hotline to see if they could expedite things or help out, but that unfortunately has been an exercise in frustration in and of itself; I wound up getting stuck on hold and leaving a message after staying on hold for a while, and when attempting to call them again today, the hotline itself just seemed to break when I called them.

Any thoughts or advice? I'm literally about to start making payments on a vehicle I can't even drive right now, with no idea as to when (or if) it will be fixed.
Hello, Shane! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist you. Thanks!

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
My Mach-E sits at the Castle Rock Fords dealer where it died on a trip to Colorado. I fear it has he same problem, but it hasn't yet even been diagnosed. I fear the delay when they know what to order. Both Castle Rock and Capital Ford here in Santa Fe have been very helpful. I would hope they would give our wounded Mach-Es priority on battery parts. Good luck

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I feel for you. Mine has been sitting for over 30 days now and Ford shipped the wrong battery replacement apparently. No end in sight. Sorry you are going through it.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag
Well, I’m just going to say that I’m halfway into week 14 and they still haven’t been able to get mine fixed. Same issue as yours. I’m on every radar that Ford has and they are very aware of the situation so all I can do is wait. My dealership has provided me a brand new car to drive in the meantime. It’s just not my car. ? They’re going to go ahead and do the roof and windshield recalls on it while they’ve got it too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frustrated: Battery Issue, going on four weeks to fix 10CD036A-C66A-4AFE-82D3-A818100F0192
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frustrated: Battery Issue, going on four weeks to fix A6232DD4-D13A-41F8-8E80-EF4CD908AC8C

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
Ouch! I'm only into week 4. Any sense of what the hold up is?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I’m just going to say that I’m halfway into week 14 and they still haven’t been able to get mine fixed. Same issue as yours. I’m on every radar that Ford has and they are very aware of the situation so all I can do is wait. My dealership has provided me a brand new car to drive in the meantime. It’s just not my car. ? They’re going to go ahead and do the roof and windshield recalls on it while they’ve got it too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frustrated: Battery Issue, going on four weeks to fix A6232DD4-D13A-41F8-8E80-EF4CD908AC8C
you're much more patient than I am, I'd have probably lemon lawed it by now 14 weeks!!

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ouch! I'm only into week 4. Any sense of what the hold up is?
Three damaged battery cases, not having access to the proper tools, having to wait on a Ford engineer to be there when they are doing the work each time…. That’s just the tip of the iceberg.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you're much more patient than I am, I'd have probably lemon lawed it by now 14 weeks!!
well, being that there’s no more out there to replace it with and they are supplying me with a car to drive…I’m kinda in it for the long haul right now. That is unless it gets to a point where they throw up their hands and they can’t fix it. Right now with the way gas is going, I want my car fixed or they can find me another one just like it. It literally had 645 miles on it when it happened.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
well, being that there’s no more out there to replace it with and they are supplying me with a car to drive…I’m kinda in it for the long haul right now. That is unless it gets to a point where they throw up their hands and they can’t fix it. Right now with the way gas is going, I want my car fixed or they can find me another one just like it. It literally had 645 miles on it when it happened.
so certainly you'll demand they extend your warranty for the time it was off the road at the dealer?

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
One would think Ford would appreciate your willingness to hang in there. As more of us run into this problem, one would think Ford would move more quickly, even if they have to replace the whole battery pack. Do they really want a reputation for unreliability for the Mach-E? More and more BEVs are becoming available. I never want to go back to an ICE, but if Ford can't make my Mach-E work, I'd move to one of the other ones.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One would think Ford would appreciate your willingness to hang in there. As more of us run into this problem, one would think Ford would move more quickly, even if they have to replace the whole battery pack. Do they really want a reputation for unreliability for the Mach-E? More and more BEVs are becoming available. I never want to go back to an ICE, but if Ford can't make my Mach-E work, I'd move to one of the other ones.
I agree. In fact, I could use the wrong battery that they keep sending the guy on another thread. It would fix everything. We’re pushing for the whole battery pack to be replaced instead of just the cell because the problems they have been running into has been the housing of the battery. They’ve gone through three and it’s still not fixed. I want a whole new one and just be done with it!
Sponsored