FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
After a really excellent ordering, purchase and delivery process with Phil Long we've run into a difficult experience with their detailing department.

TLDR: Do not purchase ceramic coating, clear bra, tinting, etc. through them for the time being.

Here's what is going on, which is a continuing saga, still not resolved.

At the time of purchase we were offered a package that included tinting of the driver & passenger windows, clear bra and ceramic coating for a really good price. I'd scoped out some other local offerings, so was happy to get this done at a lower cost.

What was not disclosed was that this is a completely new department at Phil Long, and we would essentially serve as crash test dummies (or our car would) for this process.

We were offered a date, a week after our delivery, to have the work done, and scheduled it. My wife showed up on the scheduled day and was told, no sorry, we don't have you on the books, you'll need to come back Monday. Well, I complained to our sales guy, who was able to get us in on the following day, a Saturday, along with a loaner for the period it would take to get the work done. We picked up the car at the end of the day on Saturday, it looked great, and another satisfied customer. Right?

Well, about 4 weeks later we get a call saying, we can't see any record of either the tinting or the ceramic being done, can you bring the car back? OK, well, not sure what is wrong with your records, tinting was definitely done, but we can bring it down for you to do the ceramic. That was scheduled for last Friday.

Again, my wife shows up and was told we don't have you on our schedule. 🤬 What??? She complained pretty fiercely and was then told, OK, we'll work you in. Of course what that ended up meaning was it didn't get done, and we got pushed to this Monday. Monday came and went, still no progress.

Tuesday same. I started screaming to our sales guy, who sends me an apologetic e-mail stating they have a new department and are still working out the kinks.

Wednesday still no car. Talked to our sales guy who had escalated this to the GM. Now we're being told it's taking so long because some paint scratches were found that need to be fixed. What??? How did those get there? No idea, but we are fixing them!

Thursday, wife drove down in the morning to try to get some answers. Was able to visualize the paint scratches, which neither of us had seen before. Managed to talk to the GM who was also apologetic, new department, blah blah blah. At the end of the day still no car because it rained. ??? Yes, apparently they actually mean to do the paint job in the open air.

Friday, today, sunny day. No car because the paint guy didn't come into work.

We still do not have our car. Feels like it's essentially impounded.

So, caveat empor. Do not let anyone at Phil Long Denver talk you into their "package."
Sponsored

OP
OP
FamDocDon

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
The saga continues. Car is now at the Body Shop for more extensive work. :eek:

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
General rule: never get anything done at a dealer other than basic maintenance or serious stuff like your battery junction box takes a poop.

you’re just going to have to try and get your car fixed elsewhere whenever they give it back to you, there’s no way they will know properly how to ceramic coat a car if they’re doing it outside and already scratched it.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been telling people to turn away from Phil long every chance I get. They are (at least used to be) as scummy as they come. I’m honestly not amazed they sold you a “package”.
Sponsored