RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
there's a mention of Roush in the write-up. I wonder if these lucky people will get a souped-up version of the car at the other end of things... maybe with no 5-second limit... ?

[runs away]
You are going INTO the battery. There is no "shut off" for a bare array. You are doing high voltage work. It's like handling a 400V jumbo D-cell battery. The training level required to do that is not something most dealerships possess, but Roush does.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You are going INTO the battery. There is no "shut off" for a bare array. You are doing high voltage work. It's like handling a 400V jumbo D-cell battery. The training level required to do that is not something most dealerships possess, but Roush does.
I was being very facetious. ?

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-> buyback and Mach E Select
Country flag
My dealership finally found a rental car for me. While I am very happy to be able to get back and forth to work, the Ford Fiesta is not impressive in any way shape or form.

Also, after multiple cars that I could leave the fob in my pocket I am unreasonably annoyed every time I have to actually use a car key.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My dealership finally found a rental car for me. While I am very happy to be able to get back and forth to work, the Ford Fiesta is not impressive in any way shape or form.

Also, after multiple cars that I could leave the fob in my pocket I am unreasonably annoyed every time I have to actually use a car key.
A few of the ways I was impressed by my 2014 Ford Fiesta:
  • Thanks to its shape and form, the Fiesta fits into all but the smallest of motorcycle parking spaces and landing it into any normal space is just trivial point and shoot.
  • Cornering and accelerating through the lower gears is an absolute blast with its naturally aspirated, 4 cylinder engine -- assuming the AC is off and the only occupant is the narrow shouldered, short-legged, medium to lightweight driver.
  • With its thoughtfully narrow dimensions, in case the passenger door latch pawls snap off, taking your automated manual Fiesta back to a service center is a breeze since the driver can comfortably hold the passenger door closed while controlling the wheel and pedals and while still watching the road.
  • The cozy quarters of the rear passenger space allow your labrador to obediently keep its butt on the rear bench while it simultaneously enjoys being right there with you in the front seat.
  • After many years and many attempts, Ford eventually reached a good solution to its dual dry clutch transmission nightmare, finally allowing drivers to complain about actually having to use a car key rather than fretting over the driving experience.

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few of the ways I was impressed by my 2014 Ford Fiesta:
  • Thanks to its shape and form, the Fiesta fits into all but the smallest of motorcycle parking spaces and landing it into any normal space is just trivial point and shoot.
  • Cornering and accelerating through the lower gears is an absolute blast with its naturally aspirated, 4 cylinder engine -- assuming the AC is off and the only occupant is the narrow shouldered, short-legged, medium to lightweight driver.
  • With its thoughtfully narrow dimensions, in case the passenger door latch pawls snap off, taking your automated manual Fiesta back to a service center is a breeze since the driver can comfortably hold the passenger door closed while controlling the wheel and pedals and while still watching the road.
  • The cozy quarters of the rear passenger space allow your labrador to obediently keep its butt on the rear bench while it simultaneously enjoys being right there with you in the front seat.
  • After many years and many attempts, Ford eventually reached a good solution to its dual dry clutch transmission nightmare, finally allowing drivers to complain about actually having to use a car key rather than fretting over the driving experience.
You are right! After you pointed it out I am impressed that I could drive while holding onto the passenger door ?

Has anyone had this work completed? I'm coming up on two weeks and all my dealership is telling me is that they have that battery modules but the "sleeves" are on emergency order with no idea when they might be delivered... Is this the case nationwide?

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
Just over 2 weeks after I brought the car to the dealership and no contact from them. Gave them a call and spoke with the service center folks who reported that they apparently haven't received the parts to perform the repair. They did not specifically say if the parts were even ordered in the first place.

Not sure if I should be concerned with this handling or not. It does not seem great that they have no information whatsoever after 2 weeks of waiting.

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just over 2 weeks after I brought the car to the dealership and no contact from them. Gave them a call and spoke with the service center folks who reported that they apparently haven't received the parts to perform the repair. They did not specifically say if the parts were even ordered in the first place.

Not sure if I should be concerned with this handling or not. It does not seem great that they have no information whatsoever after 2 weeks of waiting.
Mine has been in for two weeks as well. I was told the "sleeves" are on emergency backorder and they had no idea when they might come in. Then yesterday my dealership got them in without having received any shipping or tracking information? So it sounds like I have had more communication with my dealership than you, but most of the communication was them telling me they had no idea when the parts would show up to fix my MME.

Today just as they were finishing up something popped up that another part was added to the recall. Luckily that part is nearby so hopefully I should get my car back on Monday or Tuesday...

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been in for two weeks as well. I was told the "sleeves" are on emergency backorder and they had no idea when they might come in. Then yesterday my dealership got them in without having received any shipping or tracking information? So it sounds like I have had more communication with my dealership than you, but most of the communication was them telling me they had no idea when the parts would show up to fix my MME.

Today just as they were finishing up something popped up that another part was added to the recall. Luckily that part is nearby so hopefully I should get my car back on Monday or Tuesday...
Wow - yeah, that's why I was specifically concerned about the idea of leaving my car at the dealership until the parts arrived. Fortunately, I was able to keep my car while waiting for the items to arrive. It's pretty sad that the dealerships aren't getting good info from the supplier(s) regarding availability / arrival of the parts.

OP
OP

kenchar

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
My car is now done. Dropped it off, went on vacation for a week came back and picked it up.

Was advised it may take up to 16 days for the modules to balance and for it to report 100% charge. Only took 4 days to get back to 100% showing. Guessometer is re-learning again.

Will charge to 100% for the 16 days then back to 90%.

Here are a couple pics of the battery out of the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA 21B69 High Voltage Battery Module Unsealing Mach E Batt Repair
Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA 21B69 High Voltage Battery Module Unsealing Mach E Batt Repair 2

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car is now done. Dropped it off, went on vacation for a week came back and picked it up.

Was advised it may take up to 16 days for the modules to balance and for it to report 100% charge. Only took 4 days to get back to 100% showing. Guessometer is re-learning again.

Will charge to 100% for the 16 days then back to 90%.

Here are a couple pics of the battery out of the car.
I got mine back yesterday too!

I was not told anything about charging to 100% so I am glad you mentioned it!

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone else that has had the work completed, did the flag on the recall triangle go away?

Mine went away for 48 hours but is now back. There also isn't any service record in the service history tab for the work being done. Very minor but it is going to bug me if the recall flag is going to be on forever...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
For anyone else that has had the work completed, did the flag on the recall triangle go away?

Mine went away for 48 hours but is now back. There also isn't any service record in the service history tab for the work being done. Very minor but it is going to bug me if the recall flag is going to be on forever...
It usually won't go away until the dealer submits all the paperwork to Ford, Ford processes and approves and then pays the dealer. Then it should clear.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, my car has been in the shop since this past Monday (4/11). The work to replace the battery modules was completed by Tuesday but the effort stalled when their "Hybrid Station" (as they have been referring to it) apparently proved to be nonfunctional.

Called yesterday to check on progress and found out that the issue is that the unit that is used to balance/level the modules after the swap is unable to work with the dealership chain's firewalls. Ford corporate told them to access a particular menu item that the dealership tech couldn't find so now they're waiting for @Ford Motor Company (mentioning them because this needs corporate assistance and NOT because I am in any way mad or upset with the dealership, FWIW) to dispatch someone to fix it for them.

At least I have a loaner from the dealership. :)
Sponsored