Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 68kWh RWD
Occupation
Enterprise Architect (IT)
Country flag
So, a couple of days ago I received this…
Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA 22P25 notification 0120CC99-5405-443B-8A38-8ABCA8EC1194

..ok, so seemed clear enough - arrange to take into dealer, get the update and then Power-ups will happen OTA.
Then yesterday I had a notification in FordPass that Power-up 3.5.2.1 (part 1) was successful.
Call me confused! Anyone else experience this and anyone have an explanation of the apparent contradiction going on? I’d be grateful for a viewpoint not least as I’m wondering if I should still organise to take to the dealer!

thanks, M

87A22D99-1515-4067-A88B-85F3E708DF4D.png

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

..ok, so seemed clear enough - arrange to take into dealer, get the update and then Power-ups will happen OTA.

Then yesterday I had a notification in FordPass that Power-up 3.5.2.1 (part 1) was successful.
Call me confused! Anyone else experience this and anyone have an explanation of the apparent contradiction going on? I’d be grateful for a viewpoint not least as I’m wondering if I should still organise to take to the dealer!

thanks, M
Hiya

The notification you have taken a screenshot of was to let you know about an update that is available from your dealer that addresses a very specific issue with OTA updates in UK cars.

Your car has lots (about 45) of different hardware modules that each control specific functions. Each one has it's own software, and most of them can be and have already been successfully updated using the OTA method.

Recently though Ford found they couldn't issue a particular update to just one of those modules in UK cars because it would have set off the alarm system, so this dealer update addresses that problem so that specific module can be updated if needed in the future.

So yes you need to get the dealer update called 22P25, but your car is still able to take updates for all the other modules in the meantime.

Hopefully that explains what's going on. Any other questions let me know.

Tone

OP
OP
MarcCarno

MarcCarno

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 68kWh RWD
Occupation
Country flag
Brilliant! Thanks Tony, that makes perfect sense - very much appreciated :)

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I sent this note to my dealer and they said they'd already applied it on my last service in November, so I guess Ford sent this to everyone or the systems are slow to update. I've not received any OTA at all since then though.

Curious whether we'll ever get anything like the Power-up 4.x versions in the USA. Ford UK so behind the curve at this point, we never got the UK-compliant Mustang key they said was coming either (with the mythical Frunk button, haha).

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

thanks, M
You're lucky. My last OTA update was 2.7 although I had the TSB applied months ago.

OP
OP
MarcCarno

MarcCarno

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 68kWh RWD
Occupation
Country flag
You're lucky. My last OTA update was 2.7 although I had the TSB applied months ago.
Hmm, not so good and I sympathise. Reading the main forum pages I picked up that the entire OTA approach/schedule seems to follow the ‘Las Vegas’ method (ie throw some dice…!!)

OP
OP
MarcCarno

MarcCarno

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 68kWh RWD
Occupation
Country flag
I sent this note to my dealer and they said they'd already applied it on my last service in November, so I guess Ford sent this to everyone or the systems are slow to update. I've not received any OTA at all since then though.
Frunk button? Now you really are asking for the Moon! <grin>
I only had my car in August 2022 so not had a service as yet, I’m looking forward to asking lots of questions come the time.
Curious whether we'll ever get anything like the Power-up 4.x versions in the USA. Ford UK so behind the curve at this point, we never got the UK-compliant Mustang key they said was coming either (with the mythical Frunk button, haha).
Sponsored