ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
For those who have taken delivery of their Mach-Es, has anyone received a Field Service Action No. 21B02?

This popped up today in my Ford Pass App under the Recall tab. The FSA title is "Software Calibration Update", I am not seeing any other information. It's asking me to make a dealer service appointment.

11fcb6c8-a704-434a-8a0d-30ad5876a466-png.png

f6d5dc43-b949-49bf-a15a-1f9cadf52d49-png.png

6f5a5d50-fa41-4e50-a11f-5011061a277d-jpeg.jpg

08f3d22b-338a-4eea-8cfa-51f9d979c033-png.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
For those who have taken delivery of their Mach-Es, has anyone received a Field Service Action No. 21B02?

This popped up today in my Ford Pass App. under Recall tab. The FSA title is "Software Calibration Update", I am not seeing any other information. It's asking me to make a dealer service appointment.

Very curious! The rumor was the "quality delay" was due to a "calibration" problem, so I wonder ... Was your Mach E one of the delayed ones or not? When was your reservation / order / shipped / delivery dates?

That's the problem, we don't know to which delay he is referring to, very vague. I am going to go with what we have heard here, software calibration. Not hardware or a part.

OP
OP
ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Very curious! The rumor was the "quality delay" was due to a "calibration" problem, so I wonder ... Was your Mach E one of the delayed ones or not? When was your reservation / order / shipped / delivery dates?
My Mach E was not delayed. However, it was built on 11/28 and only shipped on I think it was 1/5.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Mine was in the KC quality check. I didn’t get any messages like this. I don’t see a recall tab in the Ford Pass app.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Mine was in the KC quality check. I didn’t get any messages like this. I don’t see a recall tab in the Ford Pass app.
Top left:
Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA Field Service Action No. 21B02 (Recall?) -- "Software Calibration Update" 1613085133262

Those two recalls showing on mine are for two other vehicles; NOT the Mach-E.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

This popped up today in my Ford Pass App under the Recall tab. The FSA title is "Software Calibration Update", I am not seeing any other information. It's asking me to make a dealer service appointment.
AT least you have the notification and hopefully the dealer has the update and knows what to do and fingers crossed they don't break something else - not being cynical but just worried that after I get the car we will be chasing these gremlins for a while

OP
OP
ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
AT least you have the notification and hopefully the dealer has the update and knows what to do and fingers crossed they don't break something else - not being cynical but just worried that after I get the car we will be chasing these gremlins for a while
My completely unsubstantiated hope is that it relates to the buzzing noise I and a few others have been hearing from the driver display, and that maybe there is a software fix to it - for example, adjusting the refresh rate would fix it on some old monitors I had and perhaps it can here too?

I wonder if @methorian received this FSA notice?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
PTS says the same basic thing except its just for certain vehicles. I guess you could call your dealer and see what they say.
You blocked out your VIN so I can't drill down and see what the calibration is for. When I try my VINs, nothing comes up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA Field Service Action No. 21B02 (Recall?) -- "Software Calibration Update" 1613088000617

Reactions: ARK

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Nothing for my Mach-E so far.

Reactions: ARK

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
PTS says the same basic thing except its just for certain vehicles. I guess you could call your dealer and see what they say.
You blocked out your VIN so I can't drill down and see what the calibration is for. When I try my VINs, nothing comes up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FSA Field Service Action No. 21B02 (Recall?) -- "Software Calibration Update" 66005D78-5D11-44ED-9E69-3BF7DA979C53
I wonder how they know its certain VINs - what I mean is does the Ford mother ship monitoring system see what the car is doing and sense something is Off (like the car sends periodic data)? Or they traced it back from the factory based on some component lot numbers etc. The latter I can understand, the former would be interesting