Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Look great! I'm in Newberg, so gonna give them a call to see how much to tint taillights (I tried, and couldn't get the wrap to go on straight), and how much to tint side windows. I blacked out my own wheels, but that was way easier.

OP
OP
KJai

KJai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Premium AWD Wrapped in Royal Bronze
Country flag
Look great! I'm in Newberg, so gonna give them a call to see how much to tint taillights (I tried, and couldn't get the wrap to go on straight), and how much to tint side windows. I blacked out my own wheels, but that was way easier.
I'm taking her to a car show at Langers in Sherwood Saturday morning!

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Any tips or links for the wheel backout DIY?

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Any tips or links for the wheel backout DIY?
I opted to plastidip ($7 per can at Walmart) my wheels and then gloss them with Spraymax 2k gloss. Total cost less than $50. If you need 4 jack stands, that's an additional $52ish. Floor jack is about $56 for a 2 ton jack. Torque wrench about $65 more or less. Overall, still much cheaper than other options, and you end up with tools. 4 coats of plastidip (took a total of 2 cans), and 1 can 2k. This is my 4th time plastidipping wheels. I did my F150 about 4 years ago (without gloss) and they still look great, even after taking it to the tire store to get rotated and balanced periodically. I'm really surprised how well the lug nuts hold up. Best of all, if you don't like it or screw up (hard to do), you can simply peel the dip off your wheels. If you get any scratches or chips, you can easily touch it up. It's not that hard to spray them with your wheels on if you don't want to jack up your car. Just run plastic behind the wheel and in front of rotors. If I had to do these again, I would have let the air out of the tires and used the paint chip color cards instead of taping. Faster and easier. While my wheels were off, I decided to simply tape the calipers and spray red with Rustoleum red caliper paint. $9 at Walmart. Super easy to tape and paint. You can also just buy black lugs if you'd prefer, or just leave them silver.

You don't have to spend big bucks to blackout your wheels. Took me 2 hours the first day taking tires off, taping, and spraying the first of 4 coats (30 mins between coats) for a total of about 4 hours, and then 10 minutes the next day to apply the 2k gloss in 2 coats, and another 45 minutes putting tires back on. Make sure you have a torque wrench that goes up to 150 ft/lbs or more, and a size 21mm socket. Let tires cure for at least 24 hours before mounting and driving. Be very careful putting lug nuts back on, since it takes a while before the spray really hardens. I went to the dollar store and bought a thing of black nail polish. It matches the gloss black perfectly, and I can touch up and of the lugs that may have the black scraped off. The other thing I would do differently is maybe have a 2nd can of the 2k gloss. There are parts on the inside portion of the wheels, where I didn't put the gloss on heavy enough, so you can see in the first photo it has more of a matt look. In person, you can't tell, so I don't really care. The cool things is I can just buy another can of the 2k, clean the wheel of dirt, and spray over to get the gloss.

PS - I didn't care about the mustang in the center wheel caps, so I just sprayed the entire caps black. I'll either paint the emblem by hand in red, or just buy new ones already done. That is, if I really care too much about it! :)

I just think the all black wheels looks so much better, but it's subjective. I couldn't find a MME with the nite pony package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230429_014348205

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230427_223243764

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230427_014751249

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230429_014244728

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230429_014236519

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Love it!!! Looks amazing! I always liked that pinky/brown/bronze/gold color, you got it right. It is so classy.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
How much does something like that cost? (The wrap, I mean) How durable is it?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I opted to plastidip ($7 per can at Walmart) my wheels and then gloss them with Spraymax 2k gloss. Total cost less than $50. If you need 4 jack stands, that's an additional $52ish. Floor jack is about $56 for a 2 ton jack. Torque wrench about $65 more or less. Overall, still much cheaper than other options, and you end up with tools. 4 coats of plastidip (took a total of 2 cans), and 1 can 2k. This is my 4th time plastidipping wheels. I did my F150 about 4 years ago (without gloss) and they still look great, even after taking it to the tire store to get rotated and balanced periodically. I'm really surprised how well the lug nuts hold up. Best of all, if you don't like it or screw up (hard to do), you can simply peel the dip off your wheels. If you get any scratches or chips, you can easily touch it up. It's not that hard to spray them with your wheels on if you don't want to jack up your car. Just run plastic behind the wheel and in front of rotors. If I had to do these again, I would have let the air out of the tires and used the paint chip color cards instead of taping. Faster and easier. While my wheels were off, I decided to simply tape the calipers and spray red with Rustoleum red caliper paint. $9 at Walmart. Super easy to tape and paint. You can also just buy black lugs if you'd prefer, or just leave them silver.

You don't have to spend big bucks to blackout your wheels. Took me 2 hours the first day taking tires off, taping, and spraying the first of 4 coats (30 mins between coats) for a total of about 4 hours, and then 10 minutes the next day to apply the 2k gloss in 2 coats, and another 45 minutes putting tires back on. Make sure you have a torque wrench that goes up to 150 ft/lbs or more, and a size 21mm socket. Let tires cure for at least 24 hours before mounting and driving. Be very careful putting lug nuts back on, since it takes a while before the spray really hardens. I went to the dollar store and bought a thing of black nail polish. It matches the gloss black perfectly, and I can touch up and of the lugs that may have the black scraped off. The other thing I would do differently is maybe have a 2nd can of the 2k gloss. There are parts on the inside portion of the wheels, where I didn't put the gloss on heavy enough, so you can see in the first photo it has more of a matt look. In person, you can't tell, so I don't really care. The cool things is I can just buy another can of the 2k, clean the wheel of dirt, and spray over to get the gloss.

PS - I didn't care about the mustang in the center wheel caps, so I just sprayed the entire caps black. I'll either paint the emblem by hand in red, or just buy new ones already done. That is, if I really care too much about it! :)

I just think the all black wheels looks so much better, but it's subjective. I couldn't find a MME with the nite pony package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full Color Change Wrap & Tinted -- Got It Back Today! (TeckWrap Royal Bronze and 5% ceramic tint) PXL_20230429_014236519

Absolute opposite. Not a fan of the all-black wheel look. As long as you like it, that's all that matters! :D

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Very nice! This is close to the color I want to wrap my MachE, but I am not a fan of matte wraps -- they immediately scream "look at me I was wrapped with vinyl"...

Someday I will probably wrap mine, but it will be metallic gloss with hopes it looks more like actual paint. All the wrap places around here want to charge $5-7k to wrap the MachE and I am just not willing to pay that yet, especially since I dont absolutely HATE my factory Dark Matter Gray paint.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2023 Premium AWD Standard Range (Space White). Executive ENM Tint in Milwaukie, OR used TeckWrap Royal Bronze and a 5% ceramic tint.

Looks amazing! Two questions; how long is the wrap supposed to last, and do you have to report the color change to the DMV?