JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
I love the color. The factory colors for the MME are super boring. I’ll second the comment about not liking the matte finish but still dig the color. Looks great, congrats!!
Even Cyber Orange and Grabber Blue? 😬
Sponsored

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Something I've been wondering about: since there is one-and-only-one approved lifting spot in each corner, how to you transfer weight to a jack stand?

Joe
I was wondering the same thing till I found that you can actually jack up the vehicle at any point on the perimeter frame inside of the jack points. In other words, it's ok to place your jack either in the middle between the wheels, lift both side tires at once, and then put Jack stands at designated points. My guess is Ford designated those spots for stability of lifting 1 tire. Link below on helpful video. FYI I just used my normal jack stands and jack without any rubber puck and it was fine. Hope this helps.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Met Kjai at the car club show and saw the wrap first hand. It looked great, and I do like matt colors. Also envious that she has the light interior color scheme. I like that sooooo much better, although don't dislike the all black with white stitching.

As for boring colors, I think/swag a larger % of people don't want bright and/or crazy colors for their cars. I usually love silver, and disappointed they didn't offer that color for my 2023. It was a great silver. But super happy with the carbonized grey and have all black wheels. While I don't see many MMEs at all, almost all are the 'boring' colors. 😁

OP
OP
KJai

KJai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Premium AWD Wrapped in Royal Bronze
Country flag
Met Kjai at the car club show and saw the wrap first hand. It looked great, and I do like matt colors. Also envious that she has the light interior color scheme. I like that sooooo much better, although don't dislike the all black with white stitching.

As for boring colors, I think/swag a larger % of people don't want bright and/or crazy colors for their cars. I usually love silver, and disappointed they didn't offer that color for my 2023. It was a great silver. But super happy with the carbonized grey and have all black wheels. While I don't see many MMEs at all, almost all are the 'boring' colors. 😁
It was so nice to meet you and great that you came out! I love meeting the other owners. Thanks for the love on my car. I know the color isn't for everyone, but she's perfect for me!!

JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
Cyber Orange is no longer available on the 23.5. I ordered Grabber Blue. It truly was the only option. :)
That’s what I’m hearing…I’m a bit shocked. I might have reserved one of the last Cyber Orange MMEs. started build just last week, 5/17/23.

roguemustang

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Grabber Blue GTPE (ordered)
Country flag
This clearly the case, as the ‘24 ICE Mustang has 50 Shades of Gray. Ok, maybe closer to a dozen, but still….
The only MME I have seen driving around town is red, which looks pretty good, but I already have a red Mustang so I wanted something different. Around here, if you look around a stop light, you will see 20 white vehicles, 20 black, 20 grey/silver, 5 blue, and maybe 3 red. North Dakota is the land of beige as my wife likes to say. :)

That’s why I dig the color of the OP car. It’s different but not obnoxiously so.

OP
OP
KJai

KJai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Premium AWD Wrapped in Royal Bronze
Country flag
This clearly the case, as the ‘24 ICE Mustang has 50 Shades of Gray. Ok, maybe closer to a dozen, but still….
The only MME I have seen driving around town is red, which looks pretty good, but I already have a red Mustang so I wanted something different. Around here, if you look around a stop light, you will see 20 white vehicles, 20 black, 20 grey/silver, 5 blue, and maybe 3 red. North Dakota is the land of beige as my wife likes to say. :)

That’s why I dig the color of the OP car. It’s different but not obnoxiously so.
THANK YOU!

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
2023 Premium AWD Standard Range (Space White). Executive ENM Tint in Milwaukie, OR used TeckWrap Royal Bronze and a 5% ceramic tint.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 7.59.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 8.00.18 PM.png

tempImageC2aM6j.png

tempImage5vrQuZ.png
I love this color. How much did this cost? Is this better than ceramic coating? My car unfortunately has to be parked outside so I am looking for something to protect the paint. Exactly what is this product? Looks great!

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
I opted to plastidip ($7 per can at Walmart) my wheels and then gloss them with Spraymax 2k gloss. Total cost less than $50. If you need 4 jack stands, that's an additional $52ish. Floor jack is about $56 for a 2 ton jack. Torque wrench about $65 more or less. Overall, still much cheaper than other options, and you end up with tools. 4 coats of plastidip (took a total of 2 cans), and 1 can 2k. This is my 4th time plastidipping wheels. I did my F150 about 4 years ago (without gloss) and they still look great, even after taking it to the tire store to get rotated and balanced periodically. I'm really surprised how well the lug nuts hold up. Best of all, if you don't like it or screw up (hard to do), you can simply peel the dip off your wheels. If you get any scratches or chips, you can easily touch it up. It's not that hard to spray them with your wheels on if you don't want to jack up your car. Just run plastic behind the wheel and in front of rotors. If I had to do these again, I would have let the air out of the tires and used the paint chip color cards instead of taping. Faster and easier. While my wheels were off, I decided to simply tape the calipers and spray red with Rustoleum red caliper paint. $9 at Walmart. Super easy to tape and paint. You can also just buy black lugs if you'd prefer, or just leave them silver.

You don't have to spend big bucks to blackout your wheels. Took me 2 hours the first day taking tires off, taping, and spraying the first of 4 coats (30 mins between coats) for a total of about 4 hours, and then 10 minutes the next day to apply the 2k gloss in 2 coats, and another 45 minutes putting tires back on. Make sure you have a torque wrench that goes up to 150 ft/lbs or more, and a size 21mm socket. Let tires cure for at least 24 hours before mounting and driving. Be very careful putting lug nuts back on, since it takes a while before the spray really hardens. I went to the dollar store and bought a thing of black nail polish. It matches the gloss black perfectly, and I can touch up and of the lugs that may have the black scraped off. The other thing I would do differently is maybe have a 2nd can of the 2k gloss. There are parts on the inside portion of the wheels, where I didn't put the gloss on heavy enough, so you can see in the first photo it has more of a matt look. In person, you can't tell, so I don't really care. The cool things is I can just buy another can of the 2k, clean the wheel of dirt, and spray over to get the gloss.

PS - I didn't care about the mustang in the center wheel caps, so I just sprayed the entire caps black. I'll either paint the emblem by hand in red, or just buy new ones already done. That is, if I really care too much about it! :)

I just think the all black wheels looks so much better, but it's subjective. I couldn't find a MME with the nite pony package.

PXL_20230429_014348205.jpg

PXL_20230427_223243764.jpg

PXL_20230427_014751249.jpg

PXL_20230429_014244728.jpg

PXL_20230429_014236519.jpg
Thanks you have a lot of good information here! This should be its own forum post IMO. Perhaps in the wheels section!

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Looks amazing! Love the color
THAT looks awesome. Love the color! Hmm, but if I do that, my wife might just kill me...