Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Order confirmation was sent to my dealer (Blackwell Ford, Plymouth, MI) today, and he forwarded it to me. My official order number is 1003.
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Order confirmation was sent to my dealer (Blackwell Ford, Plymouth, MI) today, and he forwarded it to me. My official order number is 1003.
Is that close to your reservation number? (ie: did it end in 003?)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
With a 58,000 reservation order, perhaps. However, you have already converted to an order. That means yours will be in the first queue when they establish the order sequence of the first run. My estimates I just posted range from 50% to 80% of non-FE/GT cars may be produced before the end of the year. It may be a question of the conversion rate by the time they start the first run that makes the difference.

See https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/
It will be interesting come Aug 20th and scheduling begins. It would be nice if Ford is able to share some more info by then such as total orders in hand and what the mix is. Would be nice to see how many vehicles are in the first "batch" released down the line and how often batches are compiled.

I suppose there is a fair chance that only a small fraction of reservations are converted to an order by the time scheduling begins so if that is the case then my 58k reservation number might end up in one of the early batches. My birthday is Aug 25.....maybe I will have a rough schedule from Ford by then? Wont hold my breath though.

My original hope was to buy a mach e this year and take the federal tax credit and drive the car for a year. Then give it to my wife and get a Rivian in late 2021 and take another tax credit. However with all the production delays, I may have to modify my plans.

Still really like the Jaguar I pace First Edition sitting at the dealership down the street but I think the mach e will have better value for me. Meaning, the jag is very nice but very expensive while the Mach E has most everything I would wish for at a somewhat reasonable price that I can live with.

Still waiting patiently.....

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Im 13,432....reserved on 19 Nov, and Converted on 27 June. I'm just HOPING I get this Mach-E Premium around Christmas / before the New Year. Any time before that and I'll be pleasantly surprised. Fingers Crossed.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Im 13,432....reserved on 19 Nov, and Converted on 27 June. I'm just HOPING I get this Mach-E Premium around Christmas / before the New Year. Any time before that and I'll be pleasantly surprised. Fingers Crossed.
I'm hoping I get mine on or before my October 28 birthday ... in 2021. :p

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Let's hope that job #0 is all the deal cars and ramp-up to full speed production.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
@ChasingCoral something that has not been discussed, or at least I haven't seen it - if someone has a low reservation number for Premium (since all FE have to convert by the end of this month) but doesn't convert it to December - that means that a later reservation holder that converted it in June has a better chance of getting their car earlier...so reservation numbers don't necessarily mean an early or late delivery - it really all depends on when someone converts their reservation to an order and when that action lands in Ford's scheduling rotation...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
@ChasingCoral something that has not been discussed, or at least I haven't seen it - if someone has a low reservation number for Premium (since all FE have to convert by the end of this month) but doesn't convert it to December - that means that a later reservation holder that converted it in June has a better chance of getting their car earlier...so reservation numbers don't necessarily mean an early or late delivery - it really all depends on when someone converts their reservation to an order and when that action lands in Ford's scheduling rotation...
That has been discussed.

Production will be done in batches or runs. Within each run early reservation/order holders will be prioritized to the beginning of the run. If you wait to convert you won't be in any of the first runs but for the run you're in you'll be near the front.

At least that is how I understood the explanation.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Or to put it more briefly:
Reservation timestamp rules the order, but
If you snooze, you loose
And style matters.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Where do we this side of the pond fit in. When we eventually get to confirm our orders, do we slot in between you guys or are we getting treated differently and have a whole system to ourselves?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Where do we this side of the pond fit in. When we eventually get to confirm our orders, do we slot in between you guys or are we getting treated differently and have a whole system to ourselves?
My completely uneducated guess at that is that you'd just slide in and be part of the overall stream.

My guess is based on the assumption that there really isn't much difference between a non-US Mach-E and a US Mach-E (other than RHD models)--unlike ICE cars with different emissions. Thus it is far easier for Ford to build a non-US Mach-E back to back with a US Mach-E.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My completely uneducated guess at that is that you'd just slide in and be part of the overall stream.

My guess is based on the assumption that there really isn't much difference between a non-US Mach-E and a US Mach-E (other than RHD models)--unlike ICE cars with different emissions. Thus it is far easier for Ford to build a non-US Mach-E back to back with a US Mach-E.
I hope you are right, otherwise we have might have even longer to wait. It would iron out all the 'snags' though

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

I think they have differences in the suspension and the steering wheel is probably on the wrong side...

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

And perhaps a different road handling set up has seen in a video shot in UK because they use summer tire instead of all seasons for one thing. But this is only a software difference, not a real big thing.
Sponsored