Full scale production due to start in October

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Full scale production due to start in October 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-01-720x540

According to Ford Authority the 26th of October is the day when ramped up production of the Mustang Mach-E is due to start in Mexico.

Details here:

Back in May, we received word that the 2021 Mustang Mach-E was on track to be delivered to U.S. customers in late 2020, and European customers in early 2021. Shortly thereafter, we learned that order banks for Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV were set to open up on June 22nd. But what we didn’t know, until know, was when Mach-E production was going to begin.

Now, Ford Authority has learned that Mach-E production is scheduled to begin at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. This aligns with the timelines we’ve received so far, as the automaker was adamant that it never specified which month deliveries would begin. With production starting in the fall, it should have no problem getting physical inventory in the hands of customers before the year is over.

Source: https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/2021-mustang-mach-e-production-scheduled-to-begin-this-october/

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-01-720x540.jpg

Last edited:

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
So..production wizards, what does this mean in practice? With a 17xxx orderer number, will I get my vehicle in 2020?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So..production wizards, what does this mean in practice? With a 17xxx orderer number, will I get my vehicle in 2020?
My guess, I'd say no.

But I think you've got a shot at your vehicle being made in 2020, then delivered in January. It'll take time to ramp up to full speed. Even at a peak rate of say 1,200 to 1,500 units a week it would be closer to the end of the year for your vehicle to be built based on what your time stamp must be. I'm guessing they have about 10 months to make about 50,000 customer units. So about 5,000 a month (totally guessing).

Late October to start production kind of lines up with what I've been told for mid-late Nov for first US deliveries. If it takes about 30 days from production to delivery.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I still don't know if reservation/order numbers are sequential - meaning, will they make the smallest or largest configuration groups first?? e.g. I have a Premium space white, gray interior, RWD ER...will that be batched with similar configurations??? and where in the queue will that land....my reservation/order number is 100040236

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My guess, I'd say no.

But I think you've got a shot at your vehicle being made in 2020, then delivered in January. It'll take time to ramp up to full speed. Even at a peak rate of say 1,200 to 1,500 units a week it would be closer to the end of the year for your vehicle to be built based on what your time stamp must be. I'm guessing they have about 10 months to make about 50,000 customer units. So about 5,000 a month (totally guessing).

Late October to start production kind of lines up with what I've been told for mid-late Nov for first US deliveries. If it takes about 30 days from production to delivery.
@hybrid2bev: We've been seeing word from dealers indicating they will have demo units in September or October. Have you heard anything along these lines? If so, are they likely to be the pre-production units or units from among the fabled "first 4000" reservation numbers.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
@hybrid2bev: We've been seeing word from dealers indicating they will have demo units in September or October. Have you heard anything along these lines? If so, are they likely to be the pre-production units or units from among the fabled "first 4000" reservation numbers.
Would love to see the first demos not be included in the first runs in October- that gives us in the US more of a chance to get theirs this year...was really hoping by Thanksgiving but not looking like it.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not really, the work I'm involved with is more focused on customers.

Maybe they will build the demos in the early part of October, then start customer order units at the end of October???

The dealer playbook says the FCTP (demo) units have a target production of Q4, so there's that. The FCTP units are customer saleable units once their 4-6 months of time in service at the dealer is up, so these FCTP demos can't be pre-production prototypes.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Sweet! Just enough time to save a little extra money and still get the tax credit this year!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
One person reported end July for a demo unit according to their dealer. Note, the October date is for "full scale" production. First edition and demo units will hopefully be completed prior to this date, or at least a large portion of them.

Last edited:

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Pre-Production has already started, this article might be referencing mass production. Which is the date Ford will reach full line speed capacity between now and then they will finish with pre-production and start ramping up production volume

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The best we can hope for is that this date is the start of production for 4000+ and all the dealer/demo units are done and not part of the production numbers. And if we take 1000/week as a easy safe production number. Those with reservations < 10,000 has a good chance of getting their units by end of the year. Realistically, I am expecting my reservation (139xx) at first quarter (Jan-Mar) 2021.

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
One person reported end July for a demo unit according to their dealer. Note, the October date is for "full scale" production. First edition and demo units will hopefully be completed prior to this date, or at least a large portion of them.
That was me and I’d remind it’s the EV guy at one dealer saying it, don’t know his source/if he just made it up. I’ll definitely keep following up with them as I have an order in with them and report back as soon as I know. If demos start popping up at dealers, quite few of us are going to make road trips to see them, right?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If demos start popping up at dealers, quite few of us are going to make road trips to see them, right?
Hell yah!! The first dealers with a demo unit will be getting swamped with people from 100s of miles away coming in to see it. They would be instant super stars.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Pre-Production has already started, this article might be referencing mass production. Which is the date Ford will reach full line speed capacity between now and then they will finish with pre-production and start ramping up production volume
Pre-production may even be finished by now.
Sponsored