Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If Job #1 is late October then that kills any hope I have of claiming the federal tax credit this year. :(
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If Job #1 is late October then that kills any hope I have of claiming the federal tax credit this year. :(
With a 58,000 reservation order, perhaps. However, you have already converted to an order. That means yours will be in the first queue when they establish the order sequence of the first run. My estimates I just posted range from 50% to 80% of non-FE/GT cars may be produced before the end of the year. It may be a question of the conversion rate by the time they start the first run that makes the difference.

See https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/

Last edited:

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
My guess, I'd say no.

But I think you've got a shot at your vehicle being made in 2020, then delivered in January. It'll take time to ramp up to full speed. Even at a peak rate of say 1,200 to 1,500 units a week it would be closer to the end of the year for your vehicle to be built based on what your time stamp must be. I'm guessing they have about 10 months to make about 50,000 customer units. So about 5,000 a month (totally guessing).

Late October to start production kind of lines up with what I've been told for mid-late Nov for first US deliveries. If it takes about 30 days from production to delivery.
So ... My reservation number is 26xxx, and I definitely didn't want a 2020 delivery. Given what you've written above, and understanding that some of the reservations between "0" and mine were earmarked for Europe (now delayed), it seems reasonable to think that I could see my car in the March timeframe (which is exactly when I would want it)?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So ... My reservation number is 26xxx, and I definitely didn't want a 2020 delivery. Given what you've written above, and understanding that some of the reservations between "0" and mine were earmarked for Europe (now delayed), it seems reasonable to think that I could see my car in the March timeframe (which is exactly when I would want it)?
March feels a bit late, I would think more like late Jan or early Feb. It's totally a guess at this point, there are so many unknowns.

I think we'll have to wait and see when the early reservation holders start getting the emails that their production is scheduled to get a better sense of timing. The NA First Edition people should get the email updates first, then the other early reservation holders.

I think we'll get a better sense of timing and speed of production if we as a group would track, what your trim level is, what date your reservation was placed, what day your order was placed and when the email says your vehicle is scheduled for production. We'll see.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Full scale production due to start in October 1594142305843

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Unless it's a FE, you have until the end of the year to convert to an order. Wait until December and there should be little chance of getting a 2020 delivery...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
I have a premium with an order number in the 6200s, am I getting my car in 2021?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a premium with an order number in the 6200s, am I getting my car in 2021?
I would guess that you will (December). I'd say probably 75% chance with that low of a res#. But that's just my estimate based on the Oct 26 date and other info we've seen.

OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
I would guess that you will (December). I'd say probably 75% chance with that low of a res#. But that's just my estimate based on the Oct 26 date and other info we've seen.
I appreciate your response. This is my first go round with ordering any sort of car so I appreciate all of the info shared on this forum.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
My reservation wasn't placed until 6/2020 and I am 72xxx, does this mean I won't get my premium electric pony until 2021? I need some ChasingCoral good vibes right now!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My reservation wasn't placed until 6/2020 and I am 72xxx, does this mean I won't get my premium electric pony until 2021? I need some ChasingCoral good vibes right now!
It probably depends when you convert your order and how many with reservations will wait to convert to an order until a test ride. If most wait to convert to an order until they can test drive something, and yours is already converted, then maybe... Which also means it will likely depend if Ford can get enough test drive and/or FE vehicles delivered to dealers soon enough that those with lower reservation numbers convert to orders before yours is scheduled for production or not.
Lower reservation # is better than order date for scheduling (assuming same model and destination), but a higher reservation number with an order date beats lower reservation number if the lower reservation number hasn't been converted to an order yet...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Magic 8 Ball says “Don’t count on it”
@jlauro was right: converting to an order soon may bump you ahead of the indecisive folks who don’t convert until the end of the year. However, I think far too many people with lower numbers will concert with you.

If I were you I’d be expecting a car just before the GTs come out.
Sponsored